I did think of posting this in the im feeling uninspired thread but i think its slightly different

Ive played guitar nearly 3 years now. I love jazz, blues, heavy metal, death metal folk etc etc. Ive had no want to shred since about 2 years and i dont think i ever will again My problem is is that i just dont feel like playing anymore. I just feel as though im playing the same things over and over again. Im stuck in the blues scale as well! I do know my theory but i dont know what it is. Guitar just doesnt appeal to me as much anymore.

I do write my own music but thats been put on hold because im now drumming in a band which isnt exactly full time, i can still play a lot of guitar if wanted but he desire is just not there

It would be wonderful if someone coudl give me some tips as to what to do. Im lost really because i generally dont like to learn bands songs, i prefer to write my own I suppose learning a new scale would be quite good Would anybody have any recommendations on that even? If anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it thanks
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

i think you should try taking lessons
i was kinda like you except all i did was copy other's songs but i started taking lessons and now i pretty much have to learn or else i waste money and i look like an idiot
when you have a teacher it's alot easier to practice things and actually feel like you're improving
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
I did take theory lessons quite a long time ago, i suppose i will come back the more i think about it the more i think that learning more theory might do the trick. If i get some more scales under my fingers maybe itll make it exciting again

well thanks for the posts so far guys
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

try learning a new style of playing?

try dabbling into Reggae, or ska
thats what i did when i got bored
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
If you're in trouble, PM me, we'll exchange instant messengers and I can give you a lot of tips on songwriting. And generally music on guitar.
"The end result - the music - is all that counts"