Page 1 of 2
I searched and these guys didn't already have their own thread, so I'm making one.

I was listening to the Satellite Years in my car today and I realized that I love this band so much. I can relate to their lyrics so well, it's ridiculous. They create such an amazing atmosphere with each song and it just blows me away. Every single song off their first three releases is amazing.

I like A Types and Magnetic North too, but I don't really consider it Hopesfall, it's like a completely new band for those albums. I thought I heard they were changing their name for their next album too, not sure if that's true or not, but it's a good idea.

But anyways, this is mostly just to discuss how much this band has affected my life. Anyone else a huge fan?
Not a big fan just getting into them. Only heard a few songs off A Types and the Satellite Years. Sounded good. They are changing their name because there is only 1 original member left from their last album and i think that's the singer.
It's gonna be a blue day
A types on sucked. before that was great.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Hopesfall is one of the greatest metalcore bands ever.

The Satellite Years is one of the greatest albums ever in my opinion. I can never get sick of it.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Quote by pmeg568c
A types on sucked. before that was great.

+1

Although there were one or two decent songs on A Types. Hopesfall was actually one of the first shows I ever went to.
Hopesfall is far and away one of my favorite bands. I agree that A Types isn't their best work, but there are at least a few absolutely stellar songs on it, and I think it gets a worse rap than it should just because it's not heavy. Magnetic North is one of my favorite albums of 2007. And their earlier stuff, especially No Wings to Speak of and Satellite Years, is pretty amazing.

The band actually has no original members remaining- their current singer isn't the first one they've had.

I have to wonder why this band has so many line-up changes.
Heh, I'm listening to Satellite Years right now.
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
I've really tried to get into them in the past when I've read great things about them, but I just can't, they bore me too much.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

I used not like them much, and then I saw them live (this was during the Satellite Years era) and the strength of that performance convinced me to give them another shot. Since then, they've become one of my favorite bands of all time.

And yeah, The End of an Era is an incredible song.
I really like A Types as an album, but it doesn't really sound like a Hopesfall CD.

As people said earlier, No Wings to Speak of is amazing. End of an Era is my favourite song ever.
Quote by SealCubMassacre
I really like A Types as an album, but it doesn't really sound like a Hopesfall CD.

As people said earlier, No Wings to Speak of is amazing. End of an Era is my favourite song ever.

Agreed with every statement.
I didn't like A Types AT ALL. Magnetic North is cool though...
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
There's an old one somewhere with their original singer (Doug I think).

edit: talking about End of an Era
I think A Types is more Hopesfall-ish than a lot of people give it credit for. It's nowhere near as heavy as their older material, and the drums are pretty bland (urg), but I've always felt like the guitars, especially on songs like Breathe From Coma, are typical Hopesfall.

That alternate ending on The Bending is pretty sweet. They just played the CD version when I saw them in September.
Last edited by CanvasofWinter at Dec 18, 2007,
If anyone's interested, they just put the song that Trustkill cut from Magnetic North up on their Myspace page. They also hinted that an "all-star" Hopesfall lineup might do another show, but they don't really specify anything more than that.
Well they're officially broken up now, they were pissed at Trustkill and other things probably. Oh well.

The Bending is such a good song, I think I'm going to tab it out for bass.
Quote by aggiefan33
Well they're officially broken up now, they were pissed at Trustkill and other things probably. Oh well.

The Bending is such a good song, I think I'm going to tab it out for bass.

Bending is epic.

Yeah, Trustkill were douches to them, when they made the trailer for Magnetic North, Trustkill put footage of people that were only in the band during Satellite Years
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
Quote by zayG
Bending is epic.

Ugh, I don't think I will ever get over that outro. It's probably my favorite Hopesfall moment, and one of my favorite music moments ever.
Quote by aggiefan33
Ugh, I don't think I will ever get over that outro. It's probably my favorite Hopesfall moment, and one of my favorite music moments ever.

I love the feedback in it too, so great.

All their outros are amazing
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
Definately. Other good ones are the Far Pavilions, Dana Walker, and Only the Clouds. I need to listen to the Frailty of Words more.
i dont know this band well at all, but after hearing the instrumental gem "Bside", i hope they find a way to keep creating.
Hopesfall is really good. I need to get into them more.
Your head slowly caves in from the compression
Such an amazing band, one of the bands that really got me amped on hardcore based music when I think about it. I absolutely love Satellite Years, an album just full of incredible songs imo...
Gear Now:
Epiphone G400
JCM 900 4100
1960a cab
SD - 1

Next:
EQ Pedal

Go! Go! Bronco

You won't ever see me falling to my knees
I won't live for something I can't see
does anyone have teh link to that spoof video taking on hardcore dancing with hopesfall "april left wiht silence"
saduhsahe8rte38312812!
fadudsnuujn328rj023890~!
fsauh38nx,zx8888z8xxxxxzas32!!!11!
best band of all times hands down (IMO).
no wings to speak of was just incredible, but i'm gonna have to say the satellite years is my favourite release. i love the concept, and its amazing how well i can relate to it. i really love the guitar work as well, especially the long interludes. brilliant. as for their newer stuff, (a types and mag north) as soon as they released it i hated it, just because everything before that was so perfect, and this was so different and grungy sounding. i was actually really pissed at how much they had changed. but now looking back on it, some of the songs from a types and mag north aren't all that bad. the vocals are starting to grow on me (the first riff in rx contender the pretender is a good example). the lyrics i don't find are as good, but the guitar is still great, although quite different from everything pre-satellite years.
still the best band ever, RIP.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Hate to be a grave digger, but just started listening to these guys again after quite a long time and I'm reminded of how great they are. "End of an era" and "lament" amongst my fav songs of all time.
Quote by xwearesinking
best band of all times hands down (IMO).
no wings to speak of was just incredible, but i'm gonna have to say the satellite years is my favourite release. i love the concept, and its amazing how well i can relate to it. i really love the guitar work as well, especially the long interludes. brilliant. as for their newer stuff, (a types and mag north) as soon as they released it i hated it, just because everything before that was so perfect, and this was so different and grungy sounding. i was actually really pissed at how much they had changed. but now looking back on it, some of the songs from a types and mag north aren't all that bad. the vocals are starting to grow on me (the first riff in rx contender the pretender is a good example). the lyrics i don't find are as good, but the guitar is still great, although quite different from everything pre-satellite years.
still the best band ever, RIP.

I thought Magnetic North was awesome.
I listened to them a little a while back, but they didn't really grab me that much. Someone told me the new one was pretty good, haven't bothered with it yet though.
looking for bands like old hopesfall.. anyone want to help me out?
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Page 1 of 2