Page 1 of 4
Have you ever been reading a book, watching a movie, or playing a game, and liked it pretty good, but there was just a blindingly obvious plothole in it?

I bought the game Gun for ps2 a few days ago, it's a western game where you play as a guy who is trying to avenge you're adoptive father's death, and when you mention him at some point someone says the last time they saw him was 10 years ago, and you find out later that at that point he found you and decided to raise you.

Small problem.

That would mean your character in the game is only 10 YEARS OLD!!

I don't know why, but this really just bugs me that the writers didn't notice that.

Anyone else got something like this?
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Luke scoring with his sister. That sucks.

Unless you're in to that sort of thing...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
liked it pretty good?
cant say i ever have
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
It's not really a plot hole as such but the fact that they never finished Red Dwarf and left it on such a ridiculous cliffhanger really pissed me off.

It was such an awesome show, not really a fitting way to "end" it.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
wait you only bought gun a few days ago? its been out for like 10 months man
Quote by MightyAl
There once was a UG'er from Saskatoon
Who asked the Pit to do his homework
So I wrote him a limerick about wanking
That doesn't rhyme
And isn't really about wanking anyway.
Quote by brennsy
wait you only bought gun a few days ago? its been out for like 10 months man

I'd played and beaten it when it came out, but I actualy just bought it recently, and was reminded of this fact.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Baronvon
It's not really a plot hole as such but the fact that they never finished Red Dwarf and left it on such a ridiculous cliffhanger really pissed me off.

what ever happened to the movie?
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by irongoat666

I'd much rather have found out what happened after the uber-epic-1337 cliffhanger.

I remember watching that from when I was, what, 5?
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by SG Man Forever

unless he adopted him when he was older than <1.
Quote by SG Man Forever
Have you ever been reading a book, watching a movie, or playing a game, and liked it pretty good, but there was just a blindingly obvious plothole in it?

I bought the game Gun for ps2 a few days ago, it's a western game where you play as a guy who is trying to avenge you're adoptive father's death, and when you mention him at some point someone says the last time they saw him was 10 years ago, and you find out later that at that point he found you and decided to raise you.

Small problem.

I don't know why, but this really just bugs me that the writers didn't notice that.

Anyone else got something like this?

Children can be adopted at all ages you know...
Final Destination (The series in itself is one giant plot hole in so many ways, although I still love to watch them)
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by irongoat666

Never came about sadly, there's still talk of it but time is fast running out...I don't think Craig Charles can pass for late twenties anymore.
Quote by Raizer Sabre
this is the biggest pile of crap i've seen since that little bit in jurassic parkwhere you see dino crap everywhere...
Lord of the Rings. Why doesn't Frodo get on a motherfucking eagle, fly over to Mount Doom with the other eagles guarding against Nagul, hop off, and drop the fucking ring in. It would save so much trouble...

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
Who says he found him at birth?

*wandering around maternity ward*

"Oh look, a baby! I'll raise him as my own."

He could have found him when he was 17!
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
The age old fact that if the Terminator had succeeded in his mission there would have been no reason to send him back, and thus he would never have been able to complete his mission.

And that Gun one isn't so great, maybe he found him as a ten year old child?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
In maths today, me and my mate were discussing something similar.

The question was "Jenny gets a £75 bonus at work. She decides to share it with her brother in the ratio of their ages. Jenny is 10, and her brother is 5."

And we just said:

WHAT

What 10 year old works

Or gets £75 bonuses

Or wants to share it with their 5 year old brother?
In pokemon 4 ever (yes a pokemon film) The little kid they meet from the past is professor oak's younger self. But when he appears, the old woman says she hasn't seen him in 40 years (or something along those lines). If that were true, then how could ash ever have known professor oak?
Last edited by rizo299 at Dec 3, 2007,
In spiderman, when that crazy doctor octopus guy is told he has to kill spider man, then throws a car at peter parker even though he has no idea that he is spider man.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
In spiderman, when that crazy doctor octopus guy is told he has to kill spider man, then throws a car at peter parker even though he has no idea that he is spider man.

That's just so he can cause a fuss
Quote by byob_soad2

he was an infant when he was adopted.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Another Spiderman one, not really a plot hole as such but it made me burst out laughing in the cinema - in Spiderman 3, during the fight at the end Spiderman is using metal poles to beat up that dude, when the pole gets knocked out of his hand. He reaches for the pole but the bad guy stands on his hand or something, so he can't reach it. Even though Spiderman has spent 3 entire films using his web stuff to pick things up, swing around etc. WHAT A DUMBASS!
Quote by byob_soad2

wait no he adopts the kid when hes still a baby cuz mcgruder kills the boys family
i luf da grammer knotziez

gear: (i wanna fit in)
ibanez tbx150r
phase90
lil big muff pi
weeping demon
esp viper100
boss chorus
other junk
Quote by donkey the wise
Well played Sir sFsKroniK
yay m special
Well, in Harry Potter there was all that fuss about Barty, there he is supposed to be missing, but it's his doppleganger, but isn't or something and then it OMG WIZARDS DON'T EXIST, EXPLAIN THAT ONE!!!!

Plot holes in fictitious works is really a kind of silly concept to me (within reason, obviously). They don't need to be explained. It's fiction, after all. People who are picky enough to find such tiny faults just because they can't accept something is good annoy me
Quote by Vermintide
Well, in Harry Potter there was all that fuss about Barty, there he is supposed to be missing, but it's his doppleganger, but isn't or something and then it OMG WIZARDS DON'T EXIST, EXPLAIN THAT ONE!!!!

I remember she changed the guys name in the middle of the book from Cornelius Fudge to Barty. For the longest time I was like "who the hell is Barty?".
Quote by Godsmack_IV
I remember she changed the guys name in the middle of the book from Cornelius Fudge to Barty. For the longest time I was like "who the hell is Barty?".

You read the book wrong if you think that...
That Sandra Bullock movie where her husband dies but comes back to life on certain days. Ya that whole movie was just a big plot hole.
Quote by byob_soad2

exactly, TS you are an idiot.

10 years ago was when his dad found him, at that point he could have been like 10 - 13 or so. thus you are a fool, it isnt a plothole, its just youre to stupid to figure out something without having it spelled out for you.
I wouldn't call this a plot hole but I was watching Futurama last night and noticed something. How can each robot have individual personalities? How can they feel pain or be independent? Im not a science fiction lover, and it is a comedy show but thats just insane. There not even robots anymore if they can feel pain, commit crimes etc. They're metal people then, right?
Quote by Godsmack_IV
was it the other way around?

barty crouch was cornelius fudge's assistant and then took over his position or something like that.
"Here we are, Juggernaut."

/C/R/A/C/K/ my anti-dru...
Quote by maybe_I_am
Lord of the Rings. Why doesn't Frodo get on a motherfucking eagle, fly over to Mount Doom with the other eagles guarding against Nagul, hop off, and drop the fucking ring in. It would save so much trouble...

I'm gonna call you out on this one. They did that on "How it should have ended", I saw it on YouTube so... yeah, sorry. But besides that I totally agree.
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
Quote by Baronvon

ANOTHER RED DWARF FAN!?

No fucking way!

Yeah I want to know what happens.....
ok harry potter's biggest plot hole, Gingers with friends i mean wtf why do the weasley kids have friends they're ****ing ginger.
Quote by Draken
ok harry potter's biggest plot hole, Gingers with friends i mean wtf why do the weasley kids have friends they're ****ing ginger.

I'd also like to point out just how many plot holes there are in Half Life. They're just making this **** up as they go along, and they aren't ever going to fill the gaps. It'll "add to teh mysteryz."

Personally, I hope they end it with "...And it was aaaaaaall a dream........ THEY'RE WAITING FOR YOU, GORDON. IN THE TEST CHAMBER." And then it all happens again, and again, and loops infinitely in his "dream."
Page 1 of 4