I was thinking about the current administration and how the world is being run and i realized that this shouldve sparked a genre of angst ridden music to protest this. It really sucks because the hippie movment in the 60s and the hardcore scene in the early 80s seemed like something that wouldve been cool to be a part of. Now it seems the cool thing to do is sit in a corner and cry about relationships sure there are bands that are against the current administration, but i wish there was an entire genre just like hardcore in the 80s.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
start a band and make it happen... waiting for stuff sucks
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
go to your school and look at the kids there. now tell me if you think any young dudes are gonna start another movement as big as that.
there is, it's called fat wreck-core
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
The hippie movement wasn't any more productive then sitting in the corner and crying.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
^Honestly, I don't think you can say that. The hippies played a big role in ending Nam, like it or not.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by StreetLight3989
The hippie movement wasn't any more productive then sitting in the corner and crying.

ithadbettermusic
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
The hippie movement in the 60's combined with the hardcore movement in the 80's and became the folk punk movement.

Works for me.
Yeah folk punk bands are political, just not mainstream.

But sure let's get some more protest music going. I'll grab my acoustic, you get your bongo's and we'll up da political p0nx
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
The reason that there isn't is simple:

Today's kids know that there is little or no chance of them being drafted into dying in a war.
It's just something that happens "over there" that they see on TV.

The hippies only became political because there was a very real chance that they would have to go and die, after the draft numbers started getting picked randomly (known as The Lottery").
The Love Generation are not the heroes history has made them out to be.
Never Trust A Hippy.

The 80s hardcore movement was also scared by something: Reagan went on TV and said that he had "outlawed Russia and that the bombing began in 5 minutes".
Scared the h*ll out of a lot of people and made them angry.
Add in crack, 200,000 more homeless on the streets, drive-by shootings, etc. and you can see that Reagan's "morning in America" was "waking up to a f*cking nightmare" to the rest of us.

BTW, don't worry.
When the economy collapses next year, you'll get your angry music.

I'm already in the studio recording it.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by element4433
Yeah folk punk bands are political, just not mainstream.

But sure let's get some more protest music going. I'll grab my acoustic, you get your bongo's and we'll up da political p0nx

I've got bongo's. They're so much fun!!
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by StreetLight3989
I've got bongo's. They're so much fun!!
Yeah they are. I play mine naked and dance around my room
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I also play bongos. No lies funnest instrument ever! Although i wanna see about getting some Vegetarian 'covers' (?) for them.