So it appears that nobody has made a thread on the greatest portable gaming system since the virtual boy. So I thought I'd start it because frankly I'm quite bored.

I suppose that discussions could include:

• Friend codes
  • New games
  • Strategies
  • WiFi
  • The general badassedness of the DS

So I'll start off by saying that I scored a copy of Animal Crossing: Wild World for my DS at a garage sale for 5$, and now I want some friend codes so I can play online, I'm also up for some Metroid Prime Hunters, and Mario Kart DS.

It's true I have way too much free time on my hands.
Last edited by Kayfan at Dec 3, 2007,
good idea for a thread, i love my DS. playing final fantasy XII: revenant wings at the moment, its pretty good. i'd describe it as a kind of real-time version of fire emblem which is a very good thing. and its not as clunky as secret of mana was.

EDIT: also to TS, do you watch good game? just wondering because if youre a gamer and from downunderverse you should
hmmm... i b needin some mailage on ffIII pm meh for friend code(i can't be bothered to find it now)
Quote by Kayfan
So it appears that nobody has made a thread on the greatest portable gaming system since the virtual boy.

It was right about here I lost faith in this thread. I know it's a joke, but damn.

Oh, and I don't own a DS. I've never even played one. Why the hell did I come in here?
Quote by Diamond Dave
good idea for a thread, i love my DS. playing final fantasy XII: revenant wings at the moment, its pretty good. i'd describe it as a kind of real-time version of fire emblem which is a very good thing. and its not as clunky as secret of mana was.

EDIT: also to TS, do you watch good game? just wondering because if youre a gamer and from downunderverse you should

I love those games. They need to come out with a new (portable) one.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I just got a free DS along with games.
LONGTEXTLONGTEXTLONGTEXTLONGTEXT:

My brother is a smart guy, but he is really forgetful (9 years old). He does his homework, but then loses it or forgets to turn it in. The teacher gives him make up homework and stuff, which he loses, giving him really bad grades. A while ago my mom said that I could have his DS and games if he kept screwing up, because she was really frustrated with the whole situation (she and the teacher put in serious man hours trying to get him to turn stuff in). So everything is fine for a while until it was time for the fall parent/teacher conference where the teacher tells my mom he is failing in social studies! I go: excellent, new DS for me. But alas, they (my parents) decided to give him another shot. More time goes by, assignments get lost, science projects get forgotten at home, books are left at school, and my mom continues to get frustrated. Well, yesterday they got report cards for the second 9 weeks, and guess what? He's failing social studies, and has a D in english. Huzzah for me, I now have a new DS lite, Pokémon Pearl, mario game, and several assorted games.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Can you store hundreds of movies and music on the Wii, then access them on your DS wherever there is Wifi????
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
That sounds like an awful and terrible way to obtain a DS

+1 for ingenuity

Quote by Fishyesque
Can you store hundreds of movies and music on the Wii, then access them on your DS wherever there is Wifi????

Can you play good games on a PSP? I think not...
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. The soundtracks alone are worth it.
Quote by Kayfan
That sounds like an awful and terrible way to obtain a DS

+1 for ingenuity

Can you play good games on a PSP? I think not...

There are plenty of good games on the PSP. But why did you bring that up?

This is a DS thread.

Quote by Fishyesque

This is a DS thread.

Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Fishyesque

This is a DS thread.

Quit ruining my thread with your technical loopholes heathen!

I've owned both a PSP and a DS, the DS by far wins in terms of "funness", and even awesomeness. That and poor students like me can't afford to dish out 60$ for 2 hours of the same old gameplay
Last edited by Kayfan at Dec 3, 2007,
Quote by Kayfan
Quit ruining my thread with your technical loopholes heathen!

I've owned both a PSP and a DS, the DS by far wins in terms of "funness"

For the record, it just suits me better. having so much on my 200 gb PS3, naturally I'd get a PSP, so that I can do all sorts of things away from home. And with games, it's all about opinions, and there are plenty games that I love, and I can play games that are on my PS3, on my PSP, as stated. So it just suits me better. It's not like I'm saying the DS sucks, we all know Nintendo pwns.

Haha naw man, I'm not like that. I try to be fair, and just state facts, and not let my opinion interfere.. :P For the most part. Haha I'm glad this thread isn't for arguing anyway.

So, which pokémon should I start with?
Quote by Chikitty_China

Quote by Jestersage
Quote by Gunpowder
I love those games. They need to come out with a new (portable) one.

yes they do, man they are awesome arent they. theres a wii one coming soon so there is hope for the ds as well.

Quote by Miggy01
So, which pokémon should I start with?

infernape is the "easiest" because he is strong against the first two gym leaders from memory. the grass type one has the coolest 2nd evolution though, a massive turtle thing with a tree growing out of its back