hey guys question about squier i guess...im not really sure where to put this thread so i thought it wud be safe in the pit...maybe not...haha. ok anyways...i just recently had a jazz concert (my first) and an upperclass man just walked up to me and started critizing my guitar saying what a piece of **** it was. now...i've had my squier for about 2 yrs and it hasn't broken down at all (squier fat strat). now i've heard from a lot of comments that squier is a pretty ****ty guitar company...but i dont really see why...i mean ik its not going to live up to a Gibson, Gretch, or Fender but still id ont see whts so bad about it..so maybe a little insight?
~thx
It's not really sh*t, per se... they're just going by comparison to any of the companies you listed... Squier can be pretty inconsistent, but once you get a Squier comfortable to yourself (i.e. pickups and heights, action, etc.), then they are pretty reliable...
it's just, i've never seen a squier right from the box that i liked... but i have an Affinity strat, and i still play it, and i like the tone i can get from it...
And if it's working for you, then don't worry about what other people think
Personally, i think squire is just fine. (I've had one for over 10 years and it is still kickin') Most people don't like them because they do not cost $1000, but as long as a guitar sounds good and fits the guitar player, there is nothing wrong with that. Just play what you like man. No need to blow ur bank account if you don't have to.
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
The guy that accosted you is just a moron. For one thing, squiers can be good guitars if you set them up right and maybe upgrade them a little. For another, not everyone has the money for higher-end guitars. At least you're getting out there and performing with what you have. Does the other guy even play guitar? If so, does he ever perform?
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
The guy that accosted you is just a moron. For one thing, squiers can be good guitars if you set them up right and maybe upgrade them a little. For another, not everyone has the money for higher-end guitars. At least you're getting out there and performing with what you have. Does the other guy even play guitar? If so, does he ever perform?

+1

he is right. that guy is a douche for criticizing your guitar. he is probably jealous that you were playing and he wasn't.

squires aren't the best guitars (they are mainly for beginners) but it must be a decent guitar if you are still playing it.
I don't even think half the people out there would know the difference without the large Squire decal
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Schneiderman
Does the other guy even play guitar? If so, does he ever perform?

If so, is he going to replace you? If not, who gives a ****?
On that note, I know nothing about electric guitars, except that my second-hand Vision only works when you click the little handle into a few select spots.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
who cares what the guy thinks just melt his face off everytime and he'll have no reason to criticize your guitar or your playing