What about a good song to play on bass, but without singing?

I can't sing and want to get good at bass.
I'm not hoping to get in her pants(though I wouldn't mind it )
Just something nice.

Plus, I don't even know who I would play it for yet!
Either my ex, who I still like and is still my friend,
or this girl that likes me, maybe something will happen and I can play for her!

any ideas?

(with all these 'songs for girls' threads I think we need an official thread!)
Quote by HaKattack
Portrait of Tracy - Jaco Pastorius.

nice songs, but I doubt I could do this yet!
I looked up the TAB and there's a bunch of harmonics, and 3/4 the way, etc. too complicated! lol

QUOTE=Deliriumbassist]if you "want to get good at bass" you don't learn songs. You learn technique. Anything by Jaco Pastorius, Victor Wooten, Stu Hamm etc is out of your reach at the moment.

Also, the bass is NOT an extension of you penis.
true about technique. I would just want something to practice.

and I don't want to just for this! I've wanted to play bass, but this would be an "application" I guess.
Last edited by byob_soad2 at Dec 3, 2007,
Quote by opivtguk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=07lTdXOmkI4

spoils of the spoiled by the new amsterdams...if you can sing it somewhat well the chord proggresion sounds cool and it sounds cool when you sing it well

not to be mean or anything...but the OP asked for a bass song without singing...read the whole thing before you post
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
you will need an acoustic bass unless she is a punk/rock/metalhead chick play nothing else matters with the track playing in the background
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by M.O.P
you will need an acoustic bass unless she is a punk/rock/metalhead chick play nothing else matters with the track playing in the background

It's not often I say this, but WRONG.

The only acoustic bass worth getting is the Tacoma Thunderchief, which costs over a grand.

TS, just delete this thread, post something in the bass forum, minus the teenage love stuff, and you'll get more help there.
Thin Lizzy had a bassist singer so check them.
I like Don't Believe A Word, and Dancing In The Moonling.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by M.O.P

neither are quite metal.

my ex was sorta into like Bullet for my Valentine and Atreyu (would they be metal?)
but I think she's not as much into it now.

the other, I don't know too much about, but she doesn't seem like she would be into metal, or punk. maybe pop-punk.
Shes not worth it
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It's not often I say this, but WRONG.

The only acoustic bass worth getting is the Tacoma Thunderchief, which costs over a grand.

TS, just delete this thread, post something in the bass forum, minus the teenage love stuff, and you'll get more help there.

true statement
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
Here's what you do.

Lay your bass amp on it's back so the speaker is facing the ceiling and have her straddle it. Then have at it.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Get the Wooten out...Victor Wooten is the master.

Do it....NOW!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
have her sit on the amp and go to town! she'll love you....then quit being lazy and learn Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)
Honestly, how hard could it be to knock out a girl with a bass guitar. I fail to see the difficulty in such an act.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.