my volume pedal is just really awkwardly placed on my board and i want to move it. i put it after my noise gate so that the gate doesnt block the signal if the volume pedal is set low. would it be bad to put it in the fx loop? will it color my tone or something?
wouldn't have much point to it really, just have it act as a volume for your amp rather than your guitar.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Quote by Cofflecakes
wouldn't have much point to it really, just have it act as a volume for your amp rather than your guitar.

some people really like the fact that in the fx loop it Doesnt change their gain, only the volume. myself, i would like it before the amp as well, but some people just like their Earl Grey.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Quote by boardsofcanada
some people really like the fact that in the fx loop it Doesnt change their gain, only the volume. myself, i would like it before the amp as well, but some people just like their Earl Grey.

It reduces the signal going to your power tubes, so it is rather similar to turning down your pre-amp gain. Ever seen the "master volumes" added to valve juniors? Those are part of the pre-amp section
Quote by kyrreca
Quote by Cofflecakes
It reduces the signal going to your power tubes, so it is rather similar to turning down your pre-amp gain. Ever seen the "master volumes" added to valve juniors? Those are part of the pre-amp section

it is not similar to turning down the preamp gain. it retains preamp gain, it is Equal to turning down the Power amp gain. and yes ive seen the master volume vj mods, i want to do one myself, that add a master volume smack between the preamp and power amp section.

Edit: i recognise that it still noticealbly 'loses some gain' but it just isnt the same as turning the preamp gain down, sorry for being a jackass
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
its cool bro. The master volume mods on the VJ add a pot (obviously) to the 2nd stage of the pre-amp. I don't know what i was thinking :S

I'm still hung over from yesterday.

18th birthdays rock
Quote by kyrreca