well, thats another person we can check off for the 'hey, guess who died this time' checklist...

These things happen. I feel bad for both of them, really. I feel bad for Libardi, as he's going to have to live with that for the rest of his life.

I'm willing to bet that Vasquez wasn't tip-top to begin with, and that last fight aggravated something, because those fights are extremely safe. The fighters are in pinnacle physical condition, they are aware that there is a fight at hand, the combatants wear padding to help prevent injuries and the like, and that level of violence that you used to see during the days of Shamrock and Abbot and Gracie is exponential to the level used these days.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
It's a risk that comes with the sport.

Didn't read the article so RIP dead fighter.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
rip to the fighter, but did you see what the executive director is called?

"Bill Kuntz"

lol.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
yea that sport is definately a lot safer these days, they've taken many measures to make sure these guys don't get hurt more than they have to. check out some of the old fights with tank abbott and those guys...those were brutal.
I came into this thread thinking - "I hope it's not Anderson Silva" because that guy is a beast.

Anyways, even if broadcasted/mainstream MMA fights are "tamer" these days, I still think they're pretty intense - modern day gladitorial combat without the needless death, I suppose.

One part of me says that it's pretty primitive to be entertained by it, but the other says "KICK HIS ****ING ASS!!!"
IMO thats the risk of such sports. The fighter who killed the guy could easily get killed next fight. Although if that was me I think I would call it a day after that

Are any charges going to be pressed against the killer (as such) ??
whats the point of this sport, its just stupid, two ppl beating the crap out of each other just to see who is the toughest. Meanwhile killing one another, either directly in the ring or slowly over a career.
Quote by thesimo
whats the point of this sport, its just stupid, two ppl beating the crap out of each other just to see who is the toughest. Meanwhile killing one another, either directly in the ring or slowly over a career.

holy hell, you're ignorant!
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
It's harsh, but like someone said earlier i'm willing to bet he wasn't in peak condition. I remember hearing about a boxing match in the 30s, when some guy had the flu and wasn't well enough to compete, but had to due to contracts with sponsors and **** and got punched 17 times in 5 seconds and died. Harsh ****.
does anybody know what organization held this fight?
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
Last edited by Jerkoffkid at Dec 4, 2007,
Who killed Davey Moore, why- what's the reason for?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by thesimo

Google "high school football deaths." Any sport is risky. MMA is no different, and in many ways is better than boxing. I think UFC officiating is some of the best in the world, because the refs (many of whom are fighters themselves in their off-time) know the signs of a guy not being able to defend himself and don't wait until the person is unconscious on their feet. But yeah, stuff happens. It's unfortunate when it does.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Hobolad

+100 cool points.

But, seriously, I wouldn't blame anyone for this death. Tradegys like this happen in any sport. RIP to that guy.
Quote by thesimo
whats ignorant about calling people fighting a pointless sport

everything you said about MMA shows your ignorance. you clearly know very little about the sport. I've been involved--in one way or another--with wrestling, bjj and boxing my entire life, so when I watch a fight, I know what I'm looking at.

you, apparently, do not.

and furthermore, this is the first time someone's ever died in a sanctioned MMA bout. show me facts that back up your claim that people are killing themselves directly and/or over the course of a career in MMA, please. Oh right, you don't have any.

You know nothing about the sport and it's obvious.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by Hobolad

i was just thinking of that song
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
Damn...That is really sad,i watch a lot of MMA and UFC,and when somebody gets injured in the slightest its really bad RIP
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by thesimo
whats ignorant about calling people fighting a pointless sport

because it's not fighting. I'm so tired of calling MMA matches "Fights" has anyone here ever seen a real fight?
Quote by Dirk Gently
Google "high school football deaths." Any sport is risky. MMA is no different, and in many ways is better than boxing. I think UFC officiating is some of the best in the world, because the refs (many of whom are fighters themselves in their off-time) know the signs of a guy not being able to defend himself and don't wait until the person is unconscious on their feet. But yeah, stuff happens. It's unfortunate when it does.

MMA is a blood sport, big difference in trying to knock someone out and crossing a line with a ball
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by dxpaintball8000
because it's not fighting. I'm so tired of calling MMA matches "Fights" has anyone here ever seen a real fight?

You searched this thread eight months after it sank into the cesspool that is Pit B.C. and you bring it back up to make a retort?

R.I.P. all the same, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I killed a man.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

wonder if the other guy had to rush home to get his grandfathers old watch

/obscure reference

RIP dead guy

Edit: didn't even realize this was a bump until I posted
You are now blinking manually
i have the guy who killed him's kid on my xbox live friends list
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
When you participate in those rings you sign a paper that states you take full responsibility of your actions. Since you participate in a full contact mixed martial art fight there is a 25% chance of you getting extremely bad injuries (Broken Jaws,knees,legs,intellect reduced by the poundings on the head) and a 4-5 % chance to die throughout all your career..

Regardless of the odds, I wouldn't want to see somebody die in the ring doing a sport he loves..

Rip
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
"To date, the evaluation shows that this event was conducted in compliance with all procedures," said a statement issued by executive director Bill Kuntz.

Hehehehe.
R.I.P.

Don't hate tha playa, hate tha game.

Seriously though, everyone who fights in any kind of sport know that there is a possibility of death.

At least he died probably doing one of the things he loved.
Quote by thesimo

Whats the point of any sport?
It's up to the individual. Fun, money, proving something, but consenting individuals do it because they are good at it and it provides them income.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
R.I.P

But seriously, "Bill Kuntz"?

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.