Is it after a certain fret it just repeats again, can anyone help me here? I'm trying to learn all the notes on the fretboard.
5th fret is the same note as open on the next string. (E 5th fret = open A) and so on through the whol scale (E 10th fret = A 5th fret) just 5 fret diffrence
Sorry, Im wondering how it works with musical notes, after a certain number of frets does it repeat the notes again like: F, A#, D#, G#, C, F then this repeats after Fret 12, or 15 or something?
Quote by plucky duck
5th fret is the same note as open on the next string. (E 5th fret = open A) and so on through the whol scale (E 10th fret = A 5th fret) just 5 fret diffrence

+1, also if you stay on the same string, like the low E, the notes ascend chromatically all the way to the 12th fret, which is also an E. Then it repeats itself. Same applies for all strings.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
octaves....

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by plucky duck
5th fret is the same note as open on the next string. (E 5th fret = open A) and so on through the whole scale (E 10th fret = A 5th fret) just 5 fret diffrence

notes dont repeat on the same string but they will on lower stirngs (open A string = E5, open D = E10, open G = E 15, open B = E 20) this works for the other strings in standard tuning. (open D = A5, open G = D5 ect)
There are 48 pitches on a 24 fret guitar. There are only actually 12 different notes in western music that go up and down according to octave
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by plucky duck
notes dont repeat on the same string but they will on lower stirngs (open A string = E5, open D = E10, open G = E 15, open B = E 20) this works for the other strings in standard tuning. (open D = A5, open G = D5 ect)

Yes they do... eg open string and 12th fret.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
Quote by plucky duck

I think you might have worded that wrong.