What does the average UGer do? I assume the myriad of beginners demand uber taps zkills. Let us know.

I am hoping someone tells me theres some sort of new temporary finger grafting technology sort of like contact lenses for fingers. I enjoy both, but right now I'm sticking with finger picking.
just use the flesh of your fingers to pick, not liek the classical guitarists who you're talking about who use theie nails. Then you can do both
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
for me it sounds more mellow. try it, if you dont like it, you can always use fingerpicks.
or, can you tap with long nails? like, actually use the nail? i've never tried.
Quote by NGD1313
I cen lyk spel reel gud. I came n 2nd n da spelling b, sum dumb 4en kid beet meh.
you could use your pick to tap with, instead of your fingers
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
that works well for me... but using your fingers gives the notes a little thicker tone

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by muso_ chris
for me it sounds more mellow. try it, if you dont like it, you can always use fingerpicks.

Yea, it's nothing new to me...
I dont use my nails to tap, and I keep them at just the right length so that i can fingerpick.
I just use my fingers to fingerpick. Hence the name. I've tried fingerpicks (this post is starting to sound really redundant) and I don't like the sound at all. I definitely prefer to just use my fingers.

And tapping just plain kicks ass.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I use a combination of all of them. There are just certain tones that call for fingers, finger nails, or a pick. Why not have more tools in your toolbox? These days, I'm using my fingers more than a pick...much better control and tone IMO.