I was wondering what the real difference is between these two guitars besides aged pickups in the original. Seeing as I could a afford both RI= $900 and a less rare 66 original = $3000. Because I thought why not buy the reissue, because it wont have any of the original faults so I was just wondering really what keeps the original selling if it a has fair few faults ? oh and what about that rather sexy looking Jaguar HH what are peoples views on that ?
"You Shall Never Hear Surf Music Again"

Gear
Fender Telecaster with Dimarzio AirNorton/Tonezone - Coil split

Laney VC30 2X10
Orange Crush 15R
Boss DS-1
Boss SD-1
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss DD-7
Dunlop Crybaby
Carlsbro Phaser
Last edited by Veraw at Dec 4, 2007,
the RI still has all of the original faults i think. t'is a very faulty guitar. but nothing is perfect, i'm still saving up for a RI myself.

I think that the HH jag is pretty good, i doubt it has the issues of the original version, but its a different tone all together. i've never played one so i can't say whether its any good or not but it probably is.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
http://www.fenderjaguar.net/
Everything is there. But they seem to say that the originals from the sixties are better. (And not the ones from 66 and after that, but something pre-cbs.)

Though I would rely on the reissue. New and all.

I have serious doubts about the HH, because of the pickups. I wonder if it sounds Fender at all. But who knows. I've never played HH.
Ibanez GAX30
Marshall AVT100
If you want a jag, get the original or the RI, the humbucker model can hardly be classified as a jag (sound wise anyway).

I'd get the original 'cause i just LOVE vintage guitars. I want one so bad.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Haemoglobin
I have serious doubts about the HH, because of the pickups. I wonder if it sounds Fender at all. But who knows. I've never played HH.

well, the bridge humbucker on my Cyclone still has that fender tone, just a different version of it, so i think it would still have a fender vibe to the tone even if it doesn't entirely give you the typical tone.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
so your saying I should probably just buy a reissue ? or I ways wondered would it sound akin to the original if I got a RI the exchanged the pickups for originals ???

Gear

Laney VC30 2X10
Orange Crush 15R
Boss DS-1
Boss SD-1
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss DD-7
Dunlop Crybaby
Carlsbro Phaser
I think the pickups haven't changed much, but the body and it's details. So they should sound quite the same.
Ibanez GAX30
Marshall AVT100
Guess I might just purchase the RI then, to save lots of penny's

Gear

Laney VC30 2X10
Orange Crush 15R
Boss DS-1
Boss SD-1
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss DD-7
Dunlop Crybaby
Carlsbro Phaser
I'm so happy with my reissue, I've never had the privilage to play a vintage one. Personally I'd go with the reissue just because I'd obsess about a vintage one's well being and never really enjoy it. As for the HH, thats just not a Jaguar, the Jag, in my opinion, is the ultimate single coil guitar out there.
My attempt at gear-
Fender Jaguar (limited edition Cream with gold hardware.)
Goya Rangemaster (1967 Italian Archtop)
Martin SWDGT Acoustic.
Vox AD50VT.
Ibanez Tubescreamer, Wasabi Delay, MXR BLUE BOX.