I got a 2nd hand strat from ebay and when it arrived the pickguard was scratched to **** and all the screws where rusted so i thought i might give it a clean. I unscrewed everything, cleaned it out, went out bought a new pickguard and screws and everythng bu now that i put it back together only 3 of the holes for the screws match up. Im planning on taking it back to the place i got the pickguard from to fix it. Will any harm come from just drilling more holes into the guitar? What is my best next course of action?

Please Help
maybe sand your old pickguard down?

but yeh, make sure the pickguard you buy actually fits your strat lol
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Was the strat a Fender or a Squier? They have differnt holes in the pickguard as i found out when i bought a fender pickguard assembly for my squier..
Why drill holes in the guitar? Just drill them into the pick guard if you can't find one that fits correctly.
There are several different fender patterns for pickguard screws. Warmoth has pictures of the patterns and can make you the one needed.
Vintage pickguards have 8 holes but new strat styles have 11 holes
/CENTER]
Quote by consecutive e
Was the strat a Fender or a Squier? They have differnt holes in the pickguard as i found out when i bought a fender pickguard assembly for my squier..

I think that probably sounds about right, its got the right number of holes but in the wrong places.

And im trying to avoid drilling more holes in the pickguard