I have a really limited budget.. like $300. I don't have a job because of school so it makes everything difficult.
Anyway, I've been asking around for different guitars and I haven't gotten very far. I'm long overdue for an upgrade from my crappy ibanez starter-pack guitar and I've been holding off getting a new guitar as long as possible, and it's gotten to the point where I just can't get the sounds I want. At the moment I'm looking into various hollowbodies (probably an ibanez AS73 ), various epiphones (a firebird studio or an LP), or maybe another guitar. I'm open to suggestions. But basically I'm looking for the best guitar you can buy for $300.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Dec 4, 2007,
It's all going to depend on the music you play and the features you want.

If you're looking to play heavier, faster stuff like metal/metalcore/hardcore/shredding, an Ibanez solid body would be a good choice. If you want to pay a little extra, you could spring for a lower level Schecter. If you want something with a tremolo, you also have a few options from those companies.

I noticed you were looking at the Artcore. Semi-hollow/hollowbody guitars are good for jazz/blues, and don't always suit heavier styles too well. So again, it depends on what you'd end up playing.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
There are plenty of decent inexpensive guitars out there. Depending on what you like to play will depend on the guitar you get. I always say go to the music shop and play several different guitars and see what you like. Epiphones are decent, low end Jacksons are quite nice, Agiles are great for the money but you probably couldn't find one to play first. Just about all the major guitar manufactures make an inexpensive model. It's going to be what you prefer. Always look into used guitars the best deal out there!

John
I'll have to suggest a Washburn Idol. Those things are orgasmic, and I've put my Schecter C1 Hellraiser on the back burner for a Washburn WI56C.
I'm also in the same position as you. I'm probably going to go with an Ibanez because I've heard lots of good things about their lower end models
hah I forgot to mention that I play indie, alternative, and pop-punk. So I need good cleans and good distortion too. But I'm definitely leaning towards the artcore.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Dec 4, 2007,