Hey,

I've got a question about my fender strat. When I rest my hand on the bridge (and apply some pressure) the notes change - it kind of works like a tremolo effect. The problem is that I don't need that effect because I play punk rock. My friend told me that there is a way to get rid of that and said I should unscrew the cover in the back of my fender but then I didn't understand what I should do next. I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me. I just want to get rid of that annoying tremolo effect when I put my hand on the bridge (ex. for alternate picking or palm muting). I just want the sound to stay the same! Thanks in advance.

Greets,

Todd
you can anchor the bridge down to the body of the guitar, if you open up the back of the guitar youl see the springs for the vibrato tail piece.
if you go to a guitar shop they should be able to supply you with some more springs to pull the bridge into the body and anchor it there. youl just have to retune the guitar again.
you wont be able to use the whammy bar but thats what you want.
You can do a lot of things to fix the bridge - increase spring tension, stuff some wood shims in the cavity to keep the trem from moving. Or you could just learn the proper technique and not put so much pressure on your bridge when you palm mute. You should never be resting your hand on the bridge otherwise.
Hi, I'm Peter
..............................how much pressure are you applying to your bridge??? its a two point tremolo, so it acts similar to a floyd rose in the face taht if your applying too much pressure to the bridge it will erm.. activate?? (<<totally wrong word) the tremolo. change your hand position and how much pressure youa re applying, and if you rly dont like the trem, have it blocked.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
the thing is that i play punk rock and have to jump around on stage... its kind of hard controlling my hand-pressure and i really dont need the tremolo thanks guys, will have to block it i guess
I can't even replicate what you're doing on my strat. you should really look at fixing up that technique.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by Mongoose87
I can't even replicate what you're doing on my strat. you should really look at fixing up that technique.

what strat do you have? some dont have the two point trem, ive done what hes talking about tho, its kinda nifty when you do it on purpose lol
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Unscrew your cover on the back, take a phillips screwdriver and tighten the screws where the spring goes into the body until your tremolo unit can't move anymore. It will keep in it place, stop it from changing the pitch, and allow you to drop the tuning if you want without messing up the tuning on other strings.

Been doing this for years on several strats of mine.