i think, seeing as SGs, LPs, strats and teles all have their own thread that left handed people shoudl have their own thread!...

infact, someone make a group as well!!!
i dont know how...

in the style of other User threads, this is a thread for all things guitar and left handed, a place to complain about the lack of left handed guitars and whine about other problems etc etc...

or this thread could just be dismissed and never used. a bit like the LP user thread
I just have a comment. Due to an amputation of part of my right finger I briefly tried to turn lefty but it felt to awkward. Does it feel awkward when you try to play righty? If I get brave I'll try it again sometime.
Quote by ComradeRose
you no what........... screw you leftys :-)

some guy said that to me in the guitar shop.
i said
"how muc is this guitar left handed?"
and he said "it says on the label, its £###"
and i say "but this is righty, i want a lefty version" and he goes
"oh left handed? screw left handed players!"
being lefty sucks. Theres not that many guitars out there. Well, there is but you have to fork over alot of cash. Ima broke ass sexual chocolate
VS
VS

:stickpoke
The fact that I can't find a place in Sydney for the Ibanez RG370DXL really pisses me off.

I'll keep looking though. Lol =]
Quote by uldhppi
I just have a comment. Due to an amputation of part of my right finger I briefly tried to turn lefty but it felt to awkward. Does it feel awkward when you try to play righty? If I get brave I'll try it again sometime.

totally. i can barely even hold the guitar right handed
Well, there is already a left handed group, infact there are many lefty groups, plus what's so great about being a lefty, all we get is expensive gear and have to adapt to this ****ty right hand world.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Well, there is already a left handed group, infact there are many lefty groups, plus what's so great about being a lefty, all we get is expensive gear and have to adapt to this ****ty right hand world.

true...
VS
VS

:stickpoke
it sucks for music gear, but at least you have an advantage in sports because people aren't used to playing against lefties (baseball, boxing, basketball, football etc…
Gear: Framus Cobra - Homemade Warmoth guitar - Ibanez S470 - Alvarez acoustic
yh lefties suck and rule, and apparently they have a high visual awareness. But are pants at spelling, just something i read. And apparently 1 in 10 is lefty, so surely there should be more lefty gear!
Ow and sorry to spam, but for the group, our motto should be, if any of us gets famous, be sure to make a exclusive lefty sig
I get ripped on daily for being left handed
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Quote by Ready2crashNbrn
Hendrix, Clapton, Cobain, nuff said

you forgot iommi!!!!
also, clapton wasn't a lefty.

fact: 2 in 5 people suffer from a mental illness,
3 in 5 left handed people suffer from a mental illness
Quote by Ready2crashNbrn
Hendrix, Clapton, Cobain, nuff said

Everyone but them, nuff said
Leonardo Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, and Raphael were all left handed
a couple of the presidents were lefties I think (clinton, bush, reagan???)

And how come I can barely find any info on left-handed Epis?
I frickin love that Korina Xplorer but even if I could afford it I couldn't play it right.

Oh, the love and hate of the left-hand world...
I'll be the only person to say I'm glad I'm left handed. It's simple really. I have 7 left handed guitars, 4 high end, 2 mid range, and 1 very low end. Were I right handed, chances are I'd have a whole lot more, and I'd be absolutely broke.
What if you are right handed, and you took a lefty guitar and restrung it right?
I don't even shred
I am a proud lefty here. I like playing my guitars left handed. Makes me unique.

Anyways I have a good lefty group in my sig if you want to join. I also have a sweet doubleneck guitar for sale in my sig if anyone wants to buy it... (Give it a bump if you check it out, thanks)
Im a lefty, but I started playing right handed becuase as previuosly stated, availability of left handed merch sucks balls. Im starting to learn to play left handed, but I guess becuase I've played righty for about 2 years it felt completely wrong when i first tryed, still does, although im only just begining lefty. When I started playing right handed in the first place though, I picked up most simpler stuff pretty quickly and it never felt weird, so I just thought stuff it, I seem to be able to do this pretty well right handed, but now as I try more advanced songs and techniques I find myself starting to struggle, especially with alternate picking at high speeds unless its on the one string, and sweeping, I cant sweep for ****. So hoping one day to get to a similar level playing lefty as I can play right handed so I can really compare the differences, what Im better at/worse at. Also I think it would be a really cool thing to be able to have, being able to play left and right.

And for some background infomation, as I said first off, I am a lefty, or at least I consider my self lefty. Some sports examples, I throw left handed, cant throw at all right handed, played alot of soccer so I have good control both feet, also can drop punt a sherrin pretty well off both feet, cricket i bowl left handed but bat right handed (like Micheal Clarke), golf I play right handed, and all racket sports I can only play left handed.
Quote by demoniacfashion
I think the worst are when intended compliments are really stupid. Like,"Dude, you're like the black Jimi Hendrix! Does that guy even still make albums?"
Quote by chris_kedro
Leonardo Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, and Raphael were all left handed

What about Donatello?

I'm a freak.

I play snooker and guitar left handed. I even eat left handed.

But I do everything else right handed.

I dunno, someone said I use my left hand for power and my right arm for accuracy.

Could be true. I don't know. I'm just ambidextrous I guess

Sucks when looking for guitars though.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone