So last night I took my guitar to my local store just to get them to tighten the volume pots. I was getting something anyways so I decided I'd let them do it. I come home, and my guitar's playing at 1/4 volume, and I'm getting no gain out of it whatsoever. It's not my tubes, I just changed them to check. It's definitely something wrong with the volume knobs on the guitar. Any ideas?
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Go back to the store and complain and make them fix it for free. If they refuse to do that for free, then they don't need to be in business.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Well that's my last option because I don't want to have a shower and go over there...
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Well then open it up and see if anything is fishy, like if there is a wire that isn't soldered on properly. If everything looks okay, then idk what else to tell you other than stop being lazy =p
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
when they tightened the pots, did they open the back cavity and hold the pots in place first?

if not they may have spun them and ripped off a wire.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
when they tightened the pots, did they open the back cavity and hold the pots in place first?

if not they may have spun them and ripped off a wire.

Yeah he opened up the back and held the pots
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
careful about opening up and **** if you dont know what your doing. The store could switch it around and say you messed it up. Just go back there and tell them they messed it up. Let us know how it goes!
Ugggh, alright, I'll have a shower and go over.
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
The wire from the tone pot was touching up against the side or something causing it to short out, or something along those lines. They fixed it right there for me. Thanks for the help.
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD