is it normal to havd your veins on your forarms (specifically area right next to the hand) pop out when playing? this kind of bothers me. it happens when i lower my strap (which i like better) is it normal
It probably means that your wrist is bent at a very awkward angle.

It happens to me, Cause I'm ripped.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
mine do, ever since i started playing drums. after playing some songs on the drums i can see a freaking ton of veins. my mom said they'd be perfect for a heroin addict.
yes its normal. if your arm is resting on your guitar thats why. but normally if you have a low body fat percentage and your hands are in a down position, the blood builds up flowing making the veins looking bigger. if you want them to go away then just raise your hands in the air. but im not sure you can play that way.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
its all good.
i play baseball and when you lift and stuff they pop out.
some of mine are always out.
makes you look more like a man. haha.
when i read the title i thought you were talking about your penis. now im disappointed.
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
i dont know, it kind of annoys me, like it feels weird in the wirst area
Quote by fenderbassist12
yes its normal. if your arm is resting on your guitar thats why. but normally if you have a low body fat percentage and your hands are in a down position, the blood builds up flowing making the veins looking bigger. if you want them to go away then just raise your hands in the air. but im not sure you can play that way.

Thank you, I now have a rather good-sounding explanation for why my arms look like a heroin addicts I have around 4% bodyfat (from last general check up, 6 months ago ish) or something, as I'm thin due to cross country running, but lift weights to stop me looking invisible from the side and play guitar of course.
Quote by BluePaintCult
It happens to me too... it's more than likely just the blood rushing downward due to prolonged exposure to gravity.

What i was gonna say. It happens to me too. As a test, hold your wrist up to your face, observe. Then let it down all the way and observe.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Yeah and when you for instance, have your arm hanging down, then your blood will fall lower in your arm, which is why it shows more when your standing with a strap on. Like people always look at my hand when I have my hands at my side and go "YOUR VEINS ARE EFFING HUGE"....
i think it has something to do with protien as well. which is what you take when you lift (some people). in reference to that kid who plays baseball

edit: what's your 5k?
you told him to try to build bricks without straw
he asked you to build cities without bricks
Last edited by zep123 at Dec 4, 2007,
Quote by BluePaintCult
It happens to me too... it's more than likely just the blood rushing downward due to prolonged exposure to gravity.

so when hes not playing, they arent exposed to gravity? :P
Quote by mista cricket
Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

I use a Dvorak keyboard; put this in your sig if you do too.
Quote by JohnnyChimpo475
its all good.
i play baseball and when you lift and stuff they pop out.
some of mine are always out.
makes you look more like a man. haha.

... A fellow Baseball player on UG?

You've just made a new friend.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by Nirvana-Man
somebody quote that!

lol why don't you quote it??
Mine do whenever I play guitar or whatever.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Visible veins is enhanced by extremely low body fat, low retained water, high blood pressure and muscle engorgement. Try working out...
I always try to make my veins popped out, I think it makes you look more professional for guitarists...because my teacher and the best kid in my school all have really huge veins popping out, while the sucky kids have no veins showing...my veins show...usually...yay!
Dang, I need some more veins.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
it happens to me to. it's perfectly normal
RIP:
"Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
Clifford Lee Burton

You'll all be missed

Disciple of Åkerfeldtism
lol @ "prolonged exposure to gravity"

I get mad neck-vein-poppage when I sing, I think. I got it when I played clarinet in high school too. Some people think it's creepy. I call them fat (kidding).
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.