first of all i think its retarded that they say lamb of god is "metalcore" and i have to post in this diff sub-forum or whatever but my question is, what does the song on new american gospel ,O.D.H.G.A.B.F.E. , stand for???
Officer Dick Head Gets a Black ****ing Eye.

Long story... police treated them like **** after a show and Randy got his ass kicked and it's about that whole ordeal
yea joelfaessler beat me to it, but yea

i disagree with how the call them metalcore too, but its pretty hard to place them anywhere else
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
wow funny hahaha

but LoG is just plain metal and its like whats with all the gay sub-genres now it annoys me metal is metal and metalcore is like screamy whiny ass **** like new as i lay dying and KSE
lamb of god is straight up metalcore. you cant really get anymore obvious
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I agree, Lamb of God isn't really Metalcore. Wiki says Groove Metal.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

it has been decided that a band that rips off some well known metal band but ads breakdowns is metalcore. for example, 72% of all bands in existance nowadays, with their mix of at the gates and generic breakdowns. therefore, since lamb of god is pretty much testament with generic breakdowns, right down to their cover (nearly) of into the pit, they count as metalcore.

some of us don't agree that most metalcore bands don't count as metal, but hey, it's UG rules, so stiff ****.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by recklessnick
wikipedia is written by people like you and me. some of us may be morons

couldnt agree more..my entire school has wiki blocked because it gives false information..and the runners of the site cant actually verify that the information on the wiki site is valid..I hate it when people reference wiki....
Death..Is Just The Beginning..
LoG rules **** you if you dont like them. they arent generic by any means and they didnt rip any other bands riffs off. and who gives a **** what genre they are all the genres have"metal" in it so its ****ing metal. they invent new genres every ****ing day. gimme a ****in break ppl argue about this **** all the time bunch of ****in poser ass faggets.
For those people who say that L.O.G. are metalcore because of their breakdowns are probaly a tard. Pantera has breakdowns, and so does slayer....... what next? Are you going to say L.O.G. has Two Steps??? Get the hell out of here...Pretty much here on UG you're metal if you're
DeathMetal
BlackMetal
Thrash
or Iron Maiden....

And don't tell me Iron Maiden doesn't have two steps....

Anyway, thats what U.G. rules out so whatever....
I like em', they're good musicans and a good band.
Mark, listen to Testament and stfu n00b.

PS: Calling people faggots is for insecure closet cases. Step outside of the closet boy, no one will hate you for it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Mark, listen to Testament and stfu n00b.

PS: Calling people faggots is for insecure closet cases. Step outside of the closet boy, no one will hate you for it.

He said fagget, not faggot.
I don't know what "fagget" means.
But he said it.

And also to Mark, calm yourself down.
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
Quote by MrFluffBall
For those people who say that L.O.G. are metalcore because of their breakdowns are probaly a tard. Pantera has breakdowns, and so does slayer....... what next? Are you going to say L.O.G. has Two Steps??? Get the hell out of here...Pretty much here on UG you're metal if you're
DeathMetal
BlackMetal
Thrash
or Iron Maiden....

And don't tell me Iron Maiden doesn't have two steps....

Anyway, thats what U.G. rules out so whatever....
I like em', they're good musicans and a good band.

very true
lambofgod>testament & pantera
there, i said it

metalcore is not a rip-off genre. they are merely influenced by them. no music can sound 100percent different from one another, if thats the case, what are genres for?
its as good as saying screeching weasel rips off the ramones, iron maiden rips off deep purple and final fight rips off life long tragedy