Every site I got to buy it, it says it's either sold out or it's been discontinued. Please don't tell me I can't this amp head anywhere >.< Is there someplace that anyone knows of where I can buy this? Thanks
it's a blessing in disguise- it's shite. Unless you like "bees in a jamjar" tone, I guess.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh really? i've heard a ton of great things about it, so i thought it was a pretty good head. It really sounds bad? I'm into modern stuff, anything metal, hardcore, like atreyu or blessthefall even system of a down and rammstien. i thought this head would fit the genres pretty good. is there something i'm missing? something i don't know?
yeah, it sounds like bees in a jamjar. it's a solid state head- generally a bad idea, as being a halfstack bumps up the price to where you could get something much better, and also being solid state, it'll generally sound worse the more you turn it up. That's why it has 350 (or whatever number of ridiculously high) watts- not because it's badass, but because it'll sound like crap at even medium volumes if it didn't have that many.

Second-hand peavey 5150 combo, maybe a second-hand mesa f-series combo. that's what i'd go with, assuming you're in the USA.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ +2. Trust me i had the 120 watt version. all i can say is EWWW!!!! totally gross, made me want to vomit. then i got my JCM, not exactly tone heaven, but miles better than a crate GT halfstack
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
cheers guys.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
how much do you give for a GT3500H half stack? i gave $650 for my GT1200H....and then i traded it back (got jipped) and bought my JCM900 for $650

EDIT: So if its much more than that you can get a fully capable tube combo, that will sound tons better.
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
alright, thanks. i've heard some really great stuff about messa, so i think i'm going to look into that. any suggestions?
mesa are nice, but they aren't the only people who make nice amps- just make sure you don't only try mesa at that price range.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
mesa are nice, but they aren't the only people who make nice amps- just make sure you don't only try mesa at that price range.

true. i'm definatly no amp expert, so any advice or suggestions you want to make on each brand would help. i know all about tubes and solid state and digital and all that, its just the specific brands that i really have to be able distinguish between. you know, get a feel for what each brand sounds like. i think i'm going to guitar center this weekend to try a ton out.
yeah, just basically try all you can- a second hand mesa f-series would be a decent bet, as would a peavey 5150/6505 combo.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?