Hey, i bought a 127$ strat and i want to mod it so its just ummm.... an awesome guitar Any ideas???? (I'm 12. so don't be 2 hard on me)
Ha, yeah i got a 55 dollar strat that i turned into a player (still waiting on new electronics though). If i were you the first thing i'd look into is replacing the tuners and tremelo. Altogether it'll run less than 100 if you go with fender parts and find a good deal on ebay, guitar fetish also has some decent replacements. After that Maybe if you replace the electronics (pickups, pots, caps) There is an electronics kit from guitar fetish that is cheap, and their pickups have good reviews and can be had for around 50-70.
Quote by guitar351
Hey, i bought a 127$ strat and i want to mod it so its just ummm.... an awesome guitar Any ideas???? (I'm 12. so don't be 2 hard on me)
1 - Exactly which strat copy? Link please.

2 - Awesome means nothing. What areas do you want to make improvements in?

3 - Budget?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
One simple mod I did to my guitar to give it more tonal variety is to solder the Bridge pin to the Neck pin on pole B of the 5-way switch. This lets you use to neck tone knob as a tone knob for the bridge pup too.

I have an enclosed switch, so this is the basic diagram:
Pole A : 1 2 3 0 0 1 2 3: Pole B
         | | | \_/ \_|_/\__Neck Tone Knob
         B M N     B M N
                     |_____Middle Tone Knob
Pole A goes to the pickups, Pole B to the knobs.

The two 0 tabs are already soldered together at the factory. So I soldered a small piece of wire from the 1(B) to the 3(N) tabs on Pole B to allow the neck tone knob to control the bridge pickup. You could do tab 1(B) to 2(M) if you want, but I wanted to be able to use both tone knobs in both parallel settings(positions 2+4 on the switch).
Last edited by eXperiment63 at Dec 5, 2007,
thanks guys, i needed that help.
Ill try the new electronics and or soldering the bridge pins.
my budget is 150$