OK, so i need a distortion pedal for Punk, Pop Punk, and Emo, but it can still go heavy enough for Metalcore a la A7X. I need suggestions and I have a max price of about $125 btw this is for guitar.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
What amp do you have?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
At the moment a Fender Bullet 25w with DSP, but I'm upgrading to a Crate or Vox of some sort.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

Hmm, well then deffinately don't go with an OD, it won't do its job on a SS amp. Not really sure on the Distortion pedal though really since you need to play stuff with low and hi-gain. Maybe 2 pedals? Boss DS-1 and a Metal Muff? I dunno. The Metal Muff might actually be able to get that low of gain for the pop punk stuff, but I've never tried it low gain so i wouldn't know

Honestly, I'd just use all the money on the amp since you said you're getting a new one. Go with the Vox though unless you're looking at a Crate Palomino. Voxs don't take distortion pedals well though, but you'll probably be satisfied with its onboard distortion.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
OK, I was actually looking at the Metal MUff and the DS-1 but I didn't like the DS-1, and the Metal Muff was well too heavy I was looking fir something in-between where like it could be bone-crushing yet light at the exact same time bc, I mostly play Punk anyway

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M104-DISTORTION-Guitar-Pedal?sku=151102

I played this one thru the Vox Valvetronix I might get and I really liked it, does any1 else have this pedal who could tell me if its any good
Quote by thefitz

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

Last edited by PunkRocker33133 at Dec 4, 2007,
Quote by PunkRocker33133
OK, I was actually looking at the Metal MUff and the DS-1 but I didn't like the DS-1, and the Metal Muff was well too heavy I was looking fir something in-between where like it could be bone-crushing yet light at the exact same time bc, I mostly play Punk anyway

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXR-M104-DISTORTION-Guitar-Pedal?sku=151102

I played this one thru the Vox Valvetronix I might get and I really liked it, does any1 else have this pedal who could tell me if its any good

Yeah I'm honestly not a fan of the DS-1, but it's really all I could think of.

I've never tried that pedal, but the only other thing I can think of is a SansAmp GT2, but it's over your budget.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
sansamp gt2 is over your budget but if u can find a used one youve hit gold, its a very good pedal to put in front of a SS amp IMO, i used to have one when i was using a SS amp, best distortion box out there, VERY versitile, if you can stretch your budget a lil try looking into the tonebone tube distortion pedals too
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz