I know this should go in the body building thread but I already tried in there and my post was lost throughout the pages

But anyway I wanna try and beef up over the holidays and but I'm really skinny, dont have any gym equipment and 15.

I was thinking of going on a protein shake diet but im not sure if that'll cause health problems im only 15 like i mentioned above, and I dont have any gym equipment around me or for ages away so I'll need to do jogging etc stuff I can easily do without needing items

So I was really wondering if i wanted to beef up is it safe for me to go on a protein shake diet/ is it necessary (Im really skinny man im talking ribs skinny but i eat a tonne ) and can someone give me a setlist of what i should do? and how long i should do it for?

I apologize for not putting it in the bodybuilding thread but i dont want to spam it up with my posts and ive already tried there

Thanks alot in advance guys!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
You won't beef up over the holidays. I used to do a significant amount of weight training, and my coach told me when I started, it takes at least a couple months before you begin to gain size. If you want to do this, it's a big commitment to yourself. You have to put a lot of effort into this. Also, jogging won't build your size.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
You can't only eat protein shakes. I only recommend wasting money on shakes if you have problems eating enough food, or maybe some whey protein after workout.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
You shouldn't make a "protein shake diet". Protein shakes are called supplements for a reason, you need to be eating healthily first. Make sure you get plenty of protein (chicken, tuna, shakes) and carbohydrates (oats are awesome).

If you have no equipment you'll be doing bodyweight excercises. Try:

Press ups with a heavy backpack on. (Wide stance and normal)
Crunches holding something heavy to your chest.
Squats
Lunges
Pull ups (front and reverse grip)

Then go and buy some weights
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
eat more meals and eat smaller meals
if u eat more small meals it will slow ur metabolism down
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Best thing is to totally wait for your body to fully develope and dont push this kind of thing till its ready

However there is massive weight gain powders you can get and you add to milk that helps you gain about 15-20 pounds in about a month as well as loaded with carbs and proteins. Drink that stuff everyday and do an hour work out every other day (giving your body time to rest and rebuild torn muscle tissue) as well as plenty of water (dehydrates your body really bad, so about a gallon of water each day spaced out in 24 hours). Take vitamins, and eat tons of carbs, proteins, and of course your greens (salds, vegatables, fruits, etc)

if you can do that within 2 months you should see a signaficient difference in your muscle size
All excess protein gets peed out. Unless your deficient in protein, protein shakes will do nothing. Join a gym.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does working out stunt your growth (I mean significantly)?
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Beefing up over the holidays? I hope you dislike Christmas desserts....

Jogging won't get you any bigger, but it'll definitely help keep you trim and your cardio up, which is what a lot of guys who lift lack, because they focus on the lifting.

You should seriously at least invest in some dumbells though. You won't get much bigger if you just do pushups, crunches and squats at home. If you're already built (which you aren't evidently), then doing these are alright because you've already got the muscle mass.

Here are some good workout programs:
(this one has dumbells, but just for future reference): http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=fitness&category=workout.plans&conitem=9cd999edbbbd201099edbbbd2010cfe793cd____

A good pushup one: http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=fitness&category=muscle.building&topic=total.body&conitem=0fc69cf736b40110VgnVCM10000013281eac____&page=2

So yeah, you can get a bit more definition if you just do bodyweight stuff, but it won't make you that much more built.

I recommend doing some of those pushup exercises in that link I showed you, as well as some ab workouts and lunges, in a set with no rest in between exercises. For example:

Pushup type 1
Lunges
Ab workout 1
Pushup type 2
Burpies
Ab Workout 2

*30-45 sec rest*

Pushup type 3
Lunges
Ab Workout 3
Burpies
Pushup type 4
Ab Workout 4

etc
Quote by demonofthenight
All excess protein gets peed out. Unless your deficient in protein, protein shakes will do nothing. Join a gym.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but does working out stunt your growth (I mean significantly)?

No it doesn't, a common misconception.
Quote by Axeman99
Maybe try this:

http://fitness.scoobysworkshop.com/schedbeginning.htm

Won't get you huge, but it'll be a start.

Cheers man, this is kinda what i was looking for but can u please tell me how much is in a 'set' of pushups?

im not exactly down with all of these i just say to myself "do 20 puishups and situps"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
It's not at all unrealistic to put on a little mass over the holidays! In fact, with enough work, it's not impractical to see results in a few weeks. Not bodybuilder results, mind you, but noticeable ones. The thing about protein is, it's great for rebuilding muscles that are torn through working out, but any of it that isn't used for that will store up in your kidneys, where it can potentially cause problems (especially if you aren't hitting the weights a ton). I would recommend eating a protein-rich diet (but foregoing the shake diet. Peanut butter, eggs, meats, cheeses reallya re a better way to go. For fruityness, try yogurt, which will also help prevent the stomach bugs). As far as working out, without weights, you will be relegated to calisthenics, of which it's really hard to do 'too many'. I do at least 300 pushups every day while in training, and at least 50 pullups every day. If I'm sore one day and can only do them one at a time, I'll do 50 sets of one. I ncalisthenics, the more you use a muscle, the stronger it gets, and the stronger, the bigger (up to a certain size). This will build tone as well. Make sure you stretch a bunch, and don't run a lot. Running is grat cardio, but a bunch of cardio will begin the muscle-cannibalization process and rob you of size. But DO do a crapload of crunches. I try to do a thousand per day. Every day. If I'm adventurous, I might do 1,500. Again, stretch. But don't stretch as much on your abs, because most people who aren't trained otherwise have really short, tight back muscles and really lax ab muscles anyway. The goal is to tighten the abs, so let them get shortened by not stretching as much. I hope this helps, bro!!
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
Quote by Shredlet
Cheers man, this is kinda what i was looking for but can u please tell me how much is in a 'set' of pushups?

im not exactly down with all of these i just say to myself "do 20 puishups and situps"

A "set" is however many you want it to be. Usually it's just enough so that your muscle group is slightly tired, but you can do enough to barely finish all 3 sets.

Also, to bushidoka, that's really intense. 1500 crunches? Jesus christ... I'm assuming you train for football (avatar)?
How long it will take, depends on two things:
Can you eat as much as you want, but do you keep you're skinny build?
If so, it's gonna take a very long time to buff up, and you shouldn't even bother.
If you do have to watch your weight, you're lucky, that's the type of body that buffs up the fastest.
Originally Posted by iforgotmyname
I'd love to get quoted once...

Being dutch is ubercool.
That's why I used the smiley, and not stuff like: .
Last edited by iforgotmyname at Dec 5, 2007,
Quote by Shredlet

If you want to gain mass, 20 is way too many.
It means your finding them too easy which means you need to make them harder for yourself.
If you want to gain mass aim at doing sets of 8 at the most, to make them harder wear a heavy backpack or raise your feet on something. As for sit ups, hold something heavy to your chest or do them alot slower and only halfway up keeping your back as straight as possible.

First off you should worry about 'bulkin up' at that age, you're still young and have plenty of 'bulk' on the way, that will come natuarly.

Mongoose mentioned that you won't bulk up over the Holidays, you need at least 2 months of a steady workout plan before you see or notice any differance.

Protien Shakes won't do you any good unless you work out alot, otherwise they'll just go right through you, and end up waisting your money.

Instead, do what Axeman99 say, and add about 100 - 200 pushups a day. Do 20 an hour, every hour you're awake. After maybe 3 or 4 weeks of that, then consider adding protien shakes.

I've been working out about an hour a day for 3 mounths now, and I've only put on 12 pounds, this just enforces that the most important part is staying with it. Stay motavated and you'll see results.
Okay thanks a tonne guys, I wont go on the protein shake ill just do heaps of Situps, and Pushups and all the other workouts you have suggested and my holidays go for about 2 months so ive got a fair bit of time on my hands
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!