I got some extra cash and I want to get a kick ass combo amp. I'm already set on Mesa, I want to get a 1x12 combo thats not that heavy (weight wise) and has a killer distortion. I play heavy/thrash metal. I'm going to Mesa/Boogie Hollywood next week to try them out anyways, but I was wondering if anyone had some experiences with these amps? Thanks.
Not sure on pricing over there but what about a lonestar? Best amp ever...
Mark IV will get you much more into the metal range. The 5:50 never quite sounded 'metal' all of the times I've tested it.
Rectoverb combo is very nice too, and more versatile that you'd think (try the Vintage channel).

Of the two, the Mark will sound better to me, but that's a personal preference. Both are good.
call me crazy but check out the nomad if the shop has any left. They are out of production now, but have pretty nice overdriven sounds, very smooth. The third channel would be great for high gain stuff, and the cleans are better than the Mark IMO.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Yeah, from what I heard, Im most likely gonna go with a Mark IV 1x12 combo. Last time I called the store (2 weeks ago) they were in stock. Gonna pick one up on Monday. Thanks for the input, cant wait to try it out.
The Mark IV is fairly heavy though, or at least mine is. It's the widebody version, so I can't say how it compares to the standard.
The Express series doesn't have enough gain for what you play. It's a classic rock amp at best.

Get the Mark IV, you won't be dissapointed, I guarantee it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com