Hello.

My question would be: I'm looking at this Seymour Duncan Twin Tube pedal, and I really like the sound of it (on the youtube videos), but my amp is not a Tube amp, so I don't know, how it will sound with a solid state amp. My amp is a Hughes and Kettner Edition Blue 60 DFX, so I think it's one of the better solid state amps, with a nice clean tone.
I read elsewhere, that thi pedal only shines with a tube amp, but I can't afford one. So, I want to ask, what do you think about buying this pedal for my amp, to get a nice "tube-driven" (I don't know if there's such a word ) sound.

I'm looking forward to your replies. Thanks.

Bye
sell the amp, dont buy the twin tube, get a tube amp?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yeah, but I really like this amp, and also, a tube amp is not very cheap, at least those ones which I would like to have. So I don't want to buy a 15 Watt tube amplifier for the same price I bought this amp, and the ones with 30-40 watt (I would really want at least a 30 watt tube amp) are very expensive.
So that's why I thought I buy this pedal for about 190 Euros, and get a tube sound.
a tube preamp or overdrive wont make ur solid state amp sound like its a tube amp if u want tube sound get a small 15 -30 watt tube amp for maybe 150 euros more im from the states but i think u can get laneys for abotu that amount in england
Epiphone les paul ultra- SD dist&jazz
schecter hellraiser 7

Peavey 5150 212 signature amp
fender pro junior
vox ad15
spider 2 75

maxon ts808
boss me 50
boss bf-2 flange
DOD YJM od
BBE sonic stomp
Ok, so then could someone recommend me a tube amp (about 20-30 Watts power), which sounds similar to this seymour pedal? Because I really like its tone and its gain sound.
What do you think of the Marshall DSL401? Can I achieve vintage rock sounds (such as Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Guns'n'Roses, and so on) and maybe some heavier stuff with a pedal (eg: Metallica)?
PM ECisthebest for his view on the DSL401, he has one.
i'd make a new thread for an amp recommendation, you'll get much better anwsers.
Quote by The red Strat.
PM ECisthebest for his view on the DSL401, he has one.
i'd make a new thread for an amp recommendation, you'll get much better anwsers.

Ok, Thanks.