It means that it's the lowest of the low end and a little bit crap.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I have one. It's not too bad, but I think for another $100 you can get something much better. ;-)
Epiphone G400 Cherry
Ibanez GSA60 Jewel Blue
Jasmine S35
Squire Affinity Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Cry Baby

Ibanez GSR200FM
i got one and put a dimarzio evolution in the bridge and it owns

kanthras your bent it is not crap its an awesome guitar at bargain basement price
GIO BIGGEST PIECE OF CRAP! the squire strats much better
I had the gio and once i got my les paul stardard i went outside to a wall and broke the gio >_>
Quote by 1sebastian1
I had the gio and once i got my les paul stardard i went outside to a wall and broke the gio >_>

I will say that the Epi SG 400 is much better, but it costs more too. Getting a better amp helped a lot. I went from a G-Dec Jr. to a Micro Cube and the difference was amazing.
Epiphone G400 Cherry
Ibanez GSA60 Jewel Blue
Jasmine S35
Squire Affinity Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Cry Baby

Ibanez GSR200FM
Quote by yonathon
i got one and put a dimarzio evolution in the bridge and it owns

kanthras your bent it is not crap its an awesome guitar at bargain basement price

I didn't say it's crap. I said it's a little bit crap. And it's not an awesome guitar, seriously. The trem is utter crapola.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
i have one and is good.
the gio series i think is more for starters, not for more advanced people
if you already know something about guitars you can look for the RG or the S series
The trem is indeed crapola. I never use it.
Epiphone G400 Cherry
Ibanez GSA60 Jewel Blue
Jasmine S35
Squire Affinity Strat
Roland Micro Cube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Cry Baby

Ibanez GSR200FM
yeah im using one at the mo but i never use the trem either its lame but its a nice piece for the price if you ask me
my gear:
jackson dk2m
ibanez grg170dx.
peavey vyper 15
warwick corvette 5 string
ashdown 5 15
Quote by 1sebastian1

Why?

No, the GIOs aren't the best guitars in the world, but what they cut on hardware and other easily replaceable parts they put into the neck, which is usually very nice.

I own two GIOs, alongside the rest of my guitars, and there is nothing about them that would make me want to smash them. At all.

Quote by barcelona_rov
i have one and is good.
the gio series i think is more for starters, not for more advanced people
if you already know something about guitars you can look for the RG or the S series

Well, they are great starters guitars, among the best in the price range, although with a few upgrades like new tuners, they'll last you quite a while.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Dec 5, 2007,
after playing it for a month the jack broke off the tone pots fell off the tuners didn't want tomove? the frets were sticking out the strap buttons fell off ....
Quote by 1sebastian1
after playing it for a month the jack broke off the tone pots fell off the tuners didn't want tomove? the frets were sticking out the strap buttons fell off ....

Stop knocking a product just cause you don't care for your gear. Any guitar will break if you man handle it. There's not a lot of other guitars in that price range that's better than the Ibanez Gio. Beats the Squiers hands down.
stay away!!!!!!!!!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!

runnnnnnnn

( i just sold my gio... stay away from any gio with a trem!)
Quote by WantzChas
Stop knocking a product just cause you don't care for your gear. Any guitar will break if you man handle it. There's not a lot of other guitars in that price range that's better than the Ibanez Gio. Beats the Squiers hands down.
I do care for my grear smartass.... It broke from playing about 1 hour a day buddy.... thats why i don't recommend it
I've played mine for about 18months and it haven't got a scratch on. Still sounds the same as when I bought it. Not the best sound, but what do expect from a $300-$400 guitar smartass?