Ok how practical is it to "update" my guitar after about a 1 year of playing from a Shecter Omen 6 to something in the 500-700$ range? I want a change and something better, good idea?

I was looking for help to find something like the Squier Satin Trans Fat Strat HSS (http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--SQU321730) I want something with the whammy bar, lol, just for kicks. I'd be playing alternative/rock/heavy
Thanks
Last edited by Gergify at Dec 5, 2007,
I'd stay away from squiers if i were you. For 500-700 you could pick up a real fender, albeit mexican. Although generally i think the whole mexican-japanese-american argument is a bit too much about folk being to up themselves to realise that just cos its made in america, doesn't generally justify a massive increase in price. Go for a real strat, I think most have whammy bars anyway (albeit basic ones).
link dosent work.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Yeah, a squier strat wouldn't be a huge upgrade.

Maybe look into some other strat style guitars. Jackson, Ibanez, a Schecter C1 FR...
Mexican stratocasters are good, probably as good as the american ones except for the electronics. I imagine half of the american factory employees are mexican immigrants from the mexican factory, but i doubt its true.
How about a Jackson DK2M, maybe in Transparent Black?

Thats just one option. Then, like I said, the Schecter C1 FR, a mid-range Ibanez, LTD MH400.

Look around online for some guitars that you might like and find some reviews, or post here for opinions.

Another important thing is your amp. A good guitar won't sound very good on a very low-end amp.
Last edited by metalman89 at Dec 5, 2007,
Quote by metalman89
How about a Jackson DK2M, maybe in Transparent Black?

Thats just one option. Then, like I said, the Schecter C1 FR, a mid-range Ibanez, LTD MH400.

Look around online for some guitars that you might like and find some reviews, or post here for opinions.

Another important thing is your amp. A good guitar won't sound very good on a very low-end amp.

i have a Create 65 watt amp, nice sound.... no problems there.....

But is it a good idea to change like this?
dont ask questions about squiers on here. go out, and try it. i would not get a guitar you cant try at least a floor model of out first. you need to know what your getting into.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
dont ask questions about squiers on here. go out, and try it. i would not get a guitar you cant try at least a floor model of out first. you need to know what your getting into.

Yea thats what i'm planning, I'm defiantly not going to order online. I just want some ideas on what would be good to look at.... I don't want to be at the Guitar Center all day like last time
Don't want to be there all day?!?! Guitar shops are the best. I wish i bought new gear more often, just to justify going in and trying out stuff for ages. Its what its all about! The more you try the better, opens your eyes more to whats out there - that way you WILL find a guitar you love!