I'm looking for a high gain amp for my tonal needs and quite fancy something along this budget like the 2 amps I mentioned. If you want an idea of my tone, check out my band's demo www.myspace.com/scottmccallum the song starts automatically.

that was recorded using my DSL401 combo with a Tubescreamer and a PRS SE Singlecut (before I put a Vintage 30 speaker in the amp and EMG's in the PRS).

clean is the same amp with some onboard reverb, and a Boss Chorus Ensemble.

(mic'd up with a Shure SM57)

i'm ideally looking for something that doesnt need an overdrive pedal to push into the gain territory i require. The F-50 boasts a gain channel not far from the Dual Recto, but is that really the case ? for under £1000 the JVM combo seems an amazing deal being Marshall's flagship amp.

has to be Mesa, Marshall cos the shop i would get it from is the only place who does 0% finance on their products, and to be honest I aint interested in any other brand, Mesa and Marshall kick ass !
the mesa has a contour function which is basically a gain boost. i think it can do your tone. plus it has the cleans you might want. hell, its got the cleans everyone wants. i love my F-50.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
F series are great amps. The gain is better than a recto (imo), not muddy likes those things are.

I've never tried the JVM sadly, I want to, but I haven't been to a shop in a few months to go try one out haha.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i say, if you can, try both. but i recommends the Mesa. number 1, because i am now their fanboi, but number 2 because it's versatility is a little better imho. its got the 2 different gain stages. the regular overdrive is great for like a black sabbath sound, then flick the contour on the footswitch and you have modern rock/metal tones.

plus did i say the clean is to die for? plus seperate EQs.....god i really am a fanboi. i apologize lol
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals