im looking for a killswitch engage sound or similar..I'm looking for an amp for christmas..I'm gonna be starting a band soon so I'd like a good sized amp under $400. I have a Gibson sg faded special (lefty), a spider 2 30 and a digitech death metal. Can i add something to that? maybe liek a processor or something? I dont think my spider sounds heavy enough...any suggestions?
Don't use a spider?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
get a new amp

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
you can't buy a good amp for metal if your're gonna be cheap about it...
also putting so many effects through a modeling amp, and a not very good one at that, is gonna give you a really bland tone
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
spiders suck. if youve ever been on this webiste on the forums you'd hear that... try a vox DA50. if you really want to keep the spider, get a tonelab LE for pratically everything tone/FX wise.
yeah people have metioned how spiders suck..so i guess getting a new amp is the way to go? There's no other way i can get that specific tone out of what i got?
Quote by LeftHandedShred
yeah people have metioned how spiders suck..so i guess getting a new amp is the way to go? There's no other way i can get that specific tone out of what i got?

Well, there is. Just not with the amp.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
seriously, i'd ditch the spider and the DM pedal and look into a 5150/6505 combo (used)
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
600$ top, i got one for 450.
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT