So today in Omaha, Nebraska there was a shooting. the gunman killed 9 including himself and 5 were injured. The shooting took place in a large mall in the department store of von maur. They say there was a suicide note that was turned in by his mother which said something to the effect about going out being famous.

I for one can't believe wat our world is coming to. This is just simply ridiculous that somebody would do this and take lives of random people for no reason except to try and become famous before killing himself.....utter stupidedy

any thoughts on this?
Proud Owner of Worst Question of the Day Award

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

The biggest fail I've ever witnessed was me standing at a door for 15 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't open MY FRONT DOOR with my keys. 5 minutes later I realized it wasn't my house.
Quote by oscarmyer
So today in Omaha, Nebraska there was a shooting. the gunman killed 9 including himself and 5 were injured. The shooting took place in a large mall in the department store of von maur. They say there was a suicide note that was turned in by his mother which said something to the effect about going out being famous.

I for one can't believe wat our world is coming to. This is just simply ridiculous that somebody would do this and take lives of random people for no reason except to try and become famous before killing himself.....utter stupidedy

any thoughts on this?

Yeah 'cause the medieval ages were just one big trip to la-la land.

I think it was stupid, obviously but look at history and you'll see we've made some improvements.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Yeah 'cause the medieval ages were just one big trip to la-la land.

I think it was stupid, obviously but look at history and you'll see we've made some improvements.

good point, good point, it just amazes me how we (U.S.) can try and tell other countries how they should do things, when obviously we have problems that need to be addressed.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

The biggest fail I've ever witnessed was me standing at a door for 15 minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't open MY FRONT DOOR with my keys. 5 minutes later I realized it wasn't my house.
9 people were violently killed in a country with a population of 300 million. Hardly a national crisis. The world isn't coming to anything, people are the same as they've always been.

More people in Africa probably died from hunger in 5 minutes than that mall shooting 3 times over and people rarely talk about that.
The thing about wats going on in Africa is they aren't being killed by their own people. I'm not saying wat happened is a national crisis, it's just crazy when you look at this and Virginia Tech, and all the other shootings that someone could bring themselves to do something like this for no reason at all.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by oscarmyer
The thing about wats going on in Africa is they aren't being killed by their own people. I'm not saying wat happened is a national crisis, it's just crazy when you look at this and Virginia Tech, and all the other shootings that someone could bring themselves to do something like this for no reason at all.

Wrong.
i'm just saying you should take care of your own problems before crossing boarders telling other people wat to do

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by oscarmyer

ORLY?
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Jesus Christ, can we try not to turn this into an argument?

Four innocent people were killed for no reason at all, and you guys are bitching to each other and saying what a bad country America is. This is a trajedy, and it derserves at least some respect and mourning before we just start insulting ourselves.

So I just have to send my prayers to the families of those that died. I have no idea what you are going through, but it must be very hard. My sympathies go to all of you, as well as the nine that died for no reason at all, but because someone was so ignorant and volatile that they thought they needed to do this act of hatred.

R.I.P.
The.
The book Odd Thomas had a scene where there was a big shooting at the mall. That was such a good book.
But when he says hes going out to be famous, i dont really think he was doing it for the fame...maybe its just dark humor
Quote by The Spoon
The book Odd Thomas had a scene where there was a big shooting at the mall. That was such a good book.
But when he says hes going out to be famous, i dont really think he was doing it for the fame...maybe its just dark humor

they interviewed one of his friends and he said he probly didn't want to go out like every other teen who commits suicide, he was 19, and he wanted to be remembered.

Quote by IHATECHILDREN

Four innocent people were killed for no reason at all, and you guys are bitching to each other and saying what a bad country America is. This is a trajedy, and it derserves at least some respect and mourning before we just start insulting ourselves.

So I just have to send my prayers to the families of those that died. I have no idea what you are going through, but it must be very hard. My sympathies go to all of you, as well as the nine that died for no reason at all, but because someone was so ignorant and volatile that they thought they needed to do this act of hatred.

R.I.P.

i agree 100% i'm not trying to butcher America although it probly did come out that way

SORRY!

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

To solve the problem is simple - don't sell guns in shops. It works in Britian, there's never anything like that, guns for protect isn't necassary if no one else has a gun.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by kidsilcon
To solve the problem is simple - don't sell guns in shops. It works in Britian, there's never anything like that, guns for protect isn't necassary if no one else has a gun.

but of course there are ways of getting guns if you really want them, even if they are illegal
Don't know if you know this but the right to "bear arms" is in our constitution so to stop selling drugs would be against our freedoms, so to do something like that would not be very easy. on top of that alot of people hunt and to stop selling guns would completely devistate this sport/hobby/activity/business watever you wana call it.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by IHATECHILDREN

R.I.P.

That's a great idea! Let's take time out of our lives are mourn for people that die. But wait, let's only reflect on the deaths of people that the news programs bring us. Don't be a hypocrite. If you seriously mourn and reflect on the deaths of 4 people you don't even know then why stop there? There are plenty of people suffering and dying elsewhere. What makes these people special? Because you saw it on Fox News?
well i for one live in nebraska so i didn't see it on Fox News. Yes, there are alot of people are suffering and dying in alot of places. And i agree nothing should make these guys any special than the people who's countries can't care for their own people like the countries in Africa and the Middle East. These NINE people who were just shopping minding their own business then shot are no special than people in Africa starving and suffering because their own country can't provide any food for them

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Even though Von Maur is a store for rich, snooty people, they still didn't deserve to be shot. (I think he chose that store b/c ov the 3 stories.)
I remember one ov my friends telling me as the guy was still @ large what was going on & I jokingly said "dude, we should go" but now I'm realising that this is huge and devastating news (especially for here).
This is how YUGE it is:
George W. Bush was in Nebraska today. (Bill Clinton didn't even come here lol)
I didn't know the President was here until my mom told me that he was, & the only reason she knew was b/c someone on the news mentioned it being dwarfed by the killing. Nobody knew or remembered the president came here, which is a very rare thing b/c, honestly, nobody's gonna really care about Nebraska until we can further mix it with gasoline and make driving cheaper.
It's a big deal here, and though Nebraska might get some attention for it, I think my fellow Nebraskans might agree, that it's not really the attention we want.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by nebraskan
Even though Von Maur is a store for rich, snooty people, they still didn't deserve to be shot. (I think he chose that store b/c ov the 3 stories.)
I remember one ov my friends telling me as the guy was still @ large what was going on & I jokingly said "dude, we should go" but now I'm realising that this is huge and devastating news (especially for here).
This is how YUGE it is:
George W. Bush was in Nebraska today. (Bill Clinton didn't even come here lol)
I didn't know the President was here until my mom told me that he was, & the only reason she knew was b/c someone on the news mentioned it being dwarfed by the killing. Nobody knew or remembered the president came here, which is a very rare thing b/c, honestly, nobody's gonna really care about Nebraska until we can further mix it with gasoline and make driving cheaper.
It's a big deal here, and though Nebraska might get some attention for it, I think my fellow Nebraskans might agree, that it's not really the attention we want.

+1

Welcome back nebraskan

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

innocent people die all the time. deal with it. its life.

and about the US telling other people what to do when they have no place to speak is exactly true. I hate our government and the people that run it.
Founder of the Mike.h murder case group
Mike.h murder case
This day will go down in Lulzfamy.

Quote by Audio™
The Pit can't even solve what they want for lunch let alone how to save the world.
just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it's right, and if you just deal with it then nothing will EVER be done to make it right and it'll always happen. I can't help but to blame the parents for the way they bring up their child

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by oscarmyer
Don't know if you know this but the right to "bear arms" is in our constitution so to stop selling drugs would be against our freedoms, so to do something like that would not be very easy. on top of that alot of people hunt and to stop selling guns would completely devistate this sport/hobby/activity/business watever you wana call it.

If only you spoke the truth...
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Try using the search bar TS.

+1
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by kidsilcon

Oh yeah, peoplle won't get guns if they need them, just like drugs
Most of the guns used in crimes are unregistered illegal weapons. I'd bet that if a majority of adults were armed, far less gun violence would occur. You're not gonna shoot up a mall if every other person has a handgun. Why? Because you'll die before you kill more than 1 or 2 people.

Edit: And i hate to turn this into a gun control debate. RIP to the victims and my condolences to the families.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
I don't mean to be rude, but there's already a huge thread about the von maur shooting somewhere in the pit.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Black_Coffee
how old was he?

why did he do it?

so many questions, is there an article?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=729011
There's an article in there.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Try using the search bar TS.

f.y.i. i did search bar and wat i searched found nothing

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by IHATECHILDREN

R.I.P.

Your spelling is trajic.

I realize that there are more pressing matters at hand in this thread, I just couldn't help myself.
Quote by XtremeSkater69
"AW YEA BITCH BAWLS IN DA ASS" while his homies in the background are like, "YEA ANTOINE FREAK DAT BITCH!!!!!"

I wanna be Jackie Onassis
I wanna wear a pair of dark sunglasses
I wanna be Jackie oh oh OH OH PLEASE DON'T DIE
i live about 5 minutes away from westroads...
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
reality isn't getting more and more brutal, it's just getting creepier. the internet and various other mediums through which media can travel make horror stores common. the media reports tragedies and negatives of life because that's what fascinates the masses.
who would watch the news if every day they said "and in san francisco, california, it was another great day. some crackheads might've died, but, overall, 99% of the people who were alive when they woke up, went to sleep alive. there was also a bit of fog."

actually, come to think of it...i'd watch that.
i'd watch that too, especially if they showed dead crackheads

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by oscarmyer
good point, good point, it just amazes me how we (U.S.) can try and tell other countries how they should do things, when obviously we have problems that need to be addressed.

I wouldn't necessarily say that just because some crazy kid decides to kill a bunch of people along with himself, it means America has a problem. This kid obviously had something wrong with him, but that has nothing to do with America as a whole.

I can see where you're coming from though, and I do agree that this is a tragedy.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by oscarmyer
1)just because it happens all the time doesn't mean it's right,
2)and if you just deal with it then nothing will EVER be done to make it right and it'll always happen.
3)I can't help but to blame the parents for the way they bring up their child

1)Very true.

2)Be the trailblazer or shut your trap

3)You're an idiot. Everyone who blames someone's parenting skills on something like this is a total moron. My parents were complete assholes to me, and despite a harsh life trying to make it on my own, I've turned out completely stable. What would you do in a situation where the child you raised experienced chemical imbalances in his brain, coupled with the graphic desensitivity inherent to every child born after the 60s from media, and throw in a multitude of social problems, because, let's face it, sociological and anthropoligical studies on this guy will most likely uncover that he was harassed by his peers for whatever reason.

It's never that simple, oscarmyer. Not ever.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
rocker, i'm not putting FULL blame on the parents. I agree with you too a certain point. parents do need to be harsh and let the kids live life to a certain extent. and i do believe they said something about him having social maybe even mental problems i don't remember but they did say he was picked on. I just think that a kid in this situation maybe it's not a good idea for the parents to be SO harsh on him. They said when he turned 18 his parents said if you stay you it's under our rules and our terms, so he left. So, yes it wasn't just one problem, but i think his parents, if more open and understanding, could have prevented this tragedy from happening

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

1. Yes this is very tragic, anytime anyone uses a weapon to destroy another persons life for no legitimate reason can be looked at as a tragedy.. but if this is far from the most tragic thing to happen.

2. If we want to talk about other countries and nations where tragic things are happening we have to look everywhere. In Ireland there is a bus bombing practically every month. In Africa there are countless rouge groups killing off their own people by the thousands simply for money and territory. Think it ends there? Guess again, in Somalia there is a civil war going on where hundreds of innocents are killed everyday.
The ball doesn't stop rolling there, all over the world there are people killing people for no reason at all, so enough with "poor ol' 'US' getting the shaft again". We should all be greatfull we don't have the problems half the world does.

3. No I am not saying this justifies what the kid decided to do, and I feel that our best wishes should go out t the families of the victims. However this is no time to point the finger at the United States government or the parents. Instead let us think about how this happened. My opinion about it all is that the kid was probably very mentally unstable and perhaps he felt he was being neglected by the world... I know I have

4. But above all else we should look inward, at ourselves and ask just how far you would have to be pushed before doing something like this, and maybe think about someone you might know who is in that place... and help them out, or get them help.

5. Don't flame me for speaking my mind.

I just hope each and everyone in this thread thinks twice before shrugging this event off as "just another shooting"

Thats what I think anyway.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
That's awful, my sympathies to the family and loved ones of the victims.

SGKIDD: The problem isn't the government so much as society and human nature, imo. There will always be victims of the system, and some choose to react this way. But I'm not an expert on this by far..
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!