hey guys im pretty new to doing mods to a guitar and have been looking around for some things that i would find useful or cool for my own guitar. i had questions about these pots and switches from EMG http://www.emginc.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Accessories&categoryid=32&catalogid=69

my question is, and i know this is kinda a lot, but what do these different things do in terms of the sound of the guitar? like what does the Afterburner do to the sound?...and so on. if someone could help me out with this it would be GREATLY appreciated
Quote by Swat Man
if you get an MG you support terrorism
it's an active preamp, which'll give you 20db of boost, as the site says. Basically it's to boost the signal (make it louder, and essentially drive your amp harder, creating overdrive/distortion).
I've never used it personally, so I don't know any specifics on it, though. I'm sure at least a few people on here have used it and can give you a better idea of what it'll do for you...
i have the expander pre-amp. i used it for solos due to its boost of the highs. and/or for power chords that i want real loud, cause it also boosts the lows.
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead