Ok, i have a Gibson LP Studio and an MG 250 by marshall. I know the MG is a bad amp but it sounds great with pedals hooked up to it. I need a distortion pedal for under $100 with alot of crunch and low end for death metal but also something that will give me a high output sound to give me good pinch harmonics. Dont tell me to get a new amp or modify my guitar. I want to hear about pedals.
I don't care if you don't want to hear it. A Les Paul Studio through an MG? What were you thinking? Get a new amp.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
I don't care if you don't want to hear it. A Les Paul Studio through an MG? What were you thinking? Get a new amp.

For realz
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Sonicxlover

OWNED by sonic lover
wanna buy my rat clone? it's at my junkyard.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The amp sucks, no amount of pedals will change that, you'd just be throwing good money after bad. Save up and get something that will do your guitar justice rather than something that'll make it sound the same as a $150 no-name piece of crap.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
oh my ,,, bringing an MG onto UG is pretty suicidal for any reason am afraid,,,and I tend to disagee,,,i have an MG and its not that good with pedals either I'm afraid
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
why? it sounds great with pedals. People judge MGs too much. You can get great distortion from using pedals.
Quote by ECistheBest
wanna buy my rat clone? it's at my junkyard.

so... where do u live man?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Inflames1080
why? it sounds great with pedals. People judge MGs too much. You can get great distortion from using pedals.

By that rationale you should have got a keyboard amp...

seriously, the MG is capable of mediocre sounds at best, pedals or no...if you want your guitar to sound anywhere near as good as it should then you need to be looking at getting something better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
ide take that guys rat
i have an MG too. its not horrible. its not good and its way too expensive for what it is new. but still... its not HORRRIBE. and people on UG get really annoying about it too.
ive played great shows with my MG and gotten some local people reallly into my stuff
so just keep you chin up. your a great kid. dont let anyone put you down. and buy a new amp when you get the cash.
definitly buy a new amp
My Gear:

Fender 62 RI Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Fender Supersonic
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss OS-2 OD/DS
Martin 000-28
Washburn D10s
okay since no one else will answer your question....i like the big muff for my metal with a tube screamer in line with that... i dont know that you will be able to get them for under 100 dollars but you could get one for christmas and buy the other!

another option would beline 6 ubermetal pedal.... thats a pretty decent one and less the 100 dollars if you get it used!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
That MG will kill you at night.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
why don't you just get a boss mt (isn't that what it's called?), and buy a noise supressor later on, to kill the fuzz at your gigs.
it's got a huuuge bass, wide sound, and a lot of different sounds.. it's just that fuzz, but it'll do at home, and a good fuzz killer isn't that expensive..
1953 Epiphone zephyr
1988 PRS custom 24
1960 Moon oct. mandolin
go to muscians friend(.com), an look up "death metal pedal," or "Metal Muff," an listen tp the sound clips, those our my top two choices
"Blade, ready to die?" "I was born ready mother F*****"
jesus christ people haven't you had enough of dissing MGs. HE SAID HE KNOWS IT WAS BAD. 100$ CANT BUY A NEW AMP. RECOMMEND HIM A PEDAL LIKE HE ASKED INSTEAD OF SPAMMING THE THREAD

the metal muff is nice but its voiced more toward old school metal it seems to me
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
So sell the amp... and use the money + the $100 to buy a usable amp.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by Funkicker
why don't you just get a boss mt (isn't that what it's called?), and buy a noise supressor later on, to kill the fuzz at your gigs.
it's got a huuuge bass, wide sound, and a lot of different sounds.. it's just that fuzz, but it'll do at home, and a good fuzz killer isn't that expensive..

for some reason i have i feeling that adding a cold lifless sounding pedal to an even worse amp wont help. ulll never get a good metal tone out of an mg or a natural sounding tone for that matter.... u need valves!
Epiphone les paul ultra- SD dist&jazz
schecter hellraiser 7

Peavey 5150 212 signature amp
fender pro junior
vox ad15
spider 2 75

maxon ts808
boss me 50
boss bf-2 flange
DOD YJM od
BBE sonic stomp
Buy a digitech one..they're cheap and good pedals.I'm an MG owner..so??There are SOOO MORE WORSE AMPS THAN THE MG'S!!!!You guys stop all this hatred!!!I'm not saying that they're great or trying to support my amp cause I only use it for home practice.But **** that let's stick to the point again...I recommend a digitech
My pedals:
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah GCB-95
Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS-9)
Digitech Hot Head
MXR Phase 90
Digitech DigiDelay