What would my potentiometer values have to be to get this kind of a setup to work?

Two humbuckers both connected to the superswitch, with a Spin-a-split (500k?) for both of them, and an individual volume control(500k?).

A Single coil with a On/Off switch and its own volume (10 Meg?)

A master Tone for all of this (500k?)

None of the rest of what I'm putting on should make much of a diffrence with the resistance (Killswitch, 2 outputs jacks with individual selector thingy, Diode cutter, stuff like that)

So... I'm woundering how I could figure out the resistance for all of this? What I have for supplies are:

Superswitch
2 Concentric 500k pots
2 500k Push Pulls
2 250k Push Pulls
4 1 Meg Dual pots (NOT the same as concentric.)
2 3 Meg pots
2 10 Meg pots.

I'm figuring I can make due with SOMETHING of what i have. I have a bunch of other On/On's and stuff too, if it really makes a diffrence. I'm willing to have a master Volume for the two humbuckers, assuiming it wont screw the versatility of the guitar too much.

Thank you, I'm just kinda looking for brainstorming options right now,
C/ruel
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Last edited by C/ruel at Dec 5, 2007,
why do u need to find any resistance?

i don't get ur post. it's so long, and unorganized, very hard to understand.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Hmm. sorry.

The basic question is

How do I figure out what the overall resistance will be, so that the guitar wont sound like crap in HH or HSH mode, considering I'll have the humbuckers hooked up to the 5-way, and the single coil on its own line seperate from the switch.

Then the mini question in there is "Individual volume control Vs Master volume control?"

I need to know so that the total resistance doesnt get to be too low and everything sounds like crap.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
Last edited by C/ruel at Dec 5, 2007,
Depends on how you connect the pots. To calculate resistance in series, simply add them up. To get parallel resistance, you need to do 1/(1/R1+1/R2+1/R3...) For example, if you had a 500K pup, a 1M volume, and a 500K tone in parallel: 1/(1/500+1/1000+1/500)=200K ohms.