Post stats of your dream signature guitar, and give the poster above you a stat from 1 to 10 on your opinion of it.

Mine...

Classic '62 Fender Stratocaster body in classic faded white
Flat black pickguard
American Standard Bridge (not in photo, couldn't find one in this classic color)
Rosewood Fretboard
Texas Special pickups.
"Justin Mason" pearl inlays from fret 1 to 11.
JAM stickers on the fretboard (My initials)

Get to it! =)
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr

That's not your signature guitar.

My style is identical to SRV and KWS and Albert King. Who says I'm not allowed to put my own spin on my favorite inspirational artists classic ideas?

Post yours...?
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Dec 5, 2007,
Sorry but this isnt gonna work. But if i had to be picky i want a Les Paul with a Floyd rose really bad. That would be bitchin.
a flying v with the dean form hell paint job, except it actually shoots lightning
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Don't have one; don't need one.

And if your spinning someone else's idea, what make's it signature to you?

Everything has been done before...?...

I hate it when people think that something as simple as putting initials on your guitar is out of bounds because SRV did it. But OF COURSE, putting normal stickers on your guitar is fine, because every punk rocker and his brother in existence does it.

Please. Don't be a close-minded jerk, and participate in the thread, or GTFO.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by LaGrange
Sorry but this isnt gonna work. But if i had to be picky i want a Les Paul with a Floyd rose really bad. That would be bitchin.

Yeah It may not work but w/e.

I've actually always wondered when someone would do that for a sig. Simple and straightforward, 8.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Don't have one; don't need one.

And if your spinning someone else's idea, what make's it signature to you?

signature cynicism! now that's signature!
Who reads sigs anyway
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Everything has been done before...?...

I hate it when people think that something as simple as putting initials on your guitar is out of bounds because SRV did it. But OF COURSE, putting normal stickers on your guitar is fine, because every punk rocker and his brother in existence does it.

Please. Don't be a close-minded jerk, and participate in the thread, or GTFO.

Not once did I say anything like that. But no matter how you see it, the pickgaurd initials and especially the name on the fretboard will never get good attention, no matter what player your trying to relate to. Oh, and that punk rock referance: Yeah, try harder.

I'm not close minded. I am jerk and I really don't like your threads.
*sigh* here we go again.

It would be a custom ESP: SV body, mahogany all around, set-thru construction, ebony fretboard, 24 frets, 25.5" scale, OFR, all black hardware, purple inlays (haven't decided what they would be), ESP pointed headstock, black finish with purple pinstripe bevels (NOT like the Alexi models, more like an outlined version of the painted bevels on the RR24), an EMG 81/89 pickup set, an EMG-AB, 2 volumes, 1 tone... uh. I think I'm forgetting to mention something, but I'm tired as hell. But you get the picture.

EDIT: ohh, and the LP with a Floyd has been done. It was one of Kirk Hammet's signature ESPs. Epi makes one with a Floyd, but it's nobody's signature. I think Agile makes a few as well. And ESP has an Eclipse Standard over in Europe with a Floyd.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Last edited by mafropetee at Dec 5, 2007,
Quote by mafropetee
*sigh* here we go again.

It would be a custom ESP: SV body, mahogany all around, set-thru construction, ebony fretboard, 24 frets, 25.5" scale, OFR, all black hardware, purple inlays (haven't decided what they would be), ESP pointed headstock, black finish with purple pinstripe bevels (NOT like the Alexi models, more like an outlined version of the painted bevels on the RR24), an EMG 81/92 pickup set, an EMG-AB, 2 volumes, 1 tone... uh. I think I'm forgetting to mention something, but I'm tired as hell. But you get the picture.

EDIT: ohh, and the LP with a Floyd has been done. It was one of Kirk Hammet's signature ESPs. Epi makes one with a Floyd, but it's nobody's signature. I think Agile makes a few as well. And ESP has an Eclipse Standard over in Europe with a Floyd.

That's insane. When holding that you're immediately the coolest guy within 100 miles. 10!!
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
That's insane. When holding that you're immediately the coolest guy within 100 miles. 10!!

Thanks for not calling me an Alexi Laiho fanboy like a lot of people do. I honestly think that guy completely ruined the whole Rhoads V style. His guitars are beautiful, but dear god, they sound like **** with that single HZ.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Thanks for not calling me an Alexi Laiho fanboy like a lot of people do. I honestly think that guy completely ruined the whole Rhoads V style. His guitars are beautiful, but dear god, they sound like **** with that single HZ.

And thank you for not calling me a SRV Fanboi like WyldeGibsonPlyr did. =D Its cool, we all have our inspirations, whether it's equipment or technique or sound or w/e.

I like alexi, CoB is great...but I agree his tone needs improvement.
-Jim Morrison
Buddy, I'm not trying to argue so quit trying to enflame. But I'll tell you once more, I never called you any sort of a rip-off.

All I did was question your ideas on having something be signature to yourself.
Quote by WyldeGibsonPlyr
Buddy, I'm not trying to argue so quit trying to enflame. But I'll tell you once more, I never called you any sort of a rip-off.

All I did was question your ideas on having something be signature to yourself.

Dude...

Quote by wyldegibsonplyr
That isn't your signature guitar.

Yes, actually, you did accuse me of being a ripoff.

Now we both need to stfu, or we're going to get into trouble with xfir. No more, please. I'm not offended.
-Jim Morrison

basically, a replica of this but with 7 strings. (the actual guitar pictured is estimated at 70-120k)

My name on the label inside the body. And I'd want it french polished cause I'm cool like that.
Quote by Guitar0player
Where's the sig?

Cross between a dean and a jackson? A Dackson? or meany a Jean? =)

Looks pretty cool...I say 7. Don't bother rating me though, as I'm the OP. I just wanna see peoples stuff =)
-Jim Morrison
My Ideal Guitar:

Hmmm. It'd have to be an ESP-EX body, 81/85's, fast fretboard, see through black cherry body with a black diamond plate border behind it. Metallic orange pentagram inlays on the fretboard. It'd have my band's initials stenciled under the bridge. And along the bottom edge there'd be a giant ass blade for a) to look badass and b) to ward people that try to mug me for it =). I dont care what it sounds like, but damn it better look cool.
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can

My gear
ESP EC1000fr
Marshall 1960a
Peavy 6505
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Cross between a dean and a jackson? A Dackson? or meany a Jean? =)

Looks pretty cool...I say 7. Don't bother rating me though, as I'm the OP. I just wanna see peoples stuff =)

Thank you, but actually it's a Jackson star model, it has nothing to do with Dean.

The blade bucker is custom made.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
PRS santana with SD JB4 bridge and '59 neck. See thru Green/lime/yellow burst with AAAA quilt top or w/e. ANd it HAS to have a floating bridge and my name engraved in Mother of pearl on the back.