hey guys gonna be workin on a project pretty soon, and was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some fairly inexpensive humbuckers? i dont need very good ones because this is my first project and am really just doing this to understnad guitar building, making the real quality of the parts not as important as what i am going to be learning. i wouldnt like to spend more than $100, but if i have to then i guess ill bite the bullet on these.
Quote by Swat Man
if you get an MG you support terrorism
im really lookin for 100 both, if there are even any out there. if not, what would be the least expensive i can look to go?
Quote by Swat Man
search mighty might pickups on ebay, I've seen a deal for two motherbuckers (humbucker pickups from mighty mite) on there for like $40...

supposedly not bad pickups either...
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
i wouldn't recommend cheap humbuckers. thats the exact mentality i had when i changed out my epiphone humbuckers. at first they were about the same as the stock ones (just with gold covers), then they really started deteriorating fast; now they are unplayable. if you budget is already $100, you can definately get good humbuckers for about $50 more. I would recommend some seymour duncans. I'm personally going with pearly gates neck and '59 bridge. and if you think you can shell out maybe $200, get the zack wylde set from emg. Trust me, dont cheap out on the humbuckers, you'll regret it later.
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
like i said this isnt a nice guitar to begin with(a saga kit) but i just want something a bit better than the ones that come with the kit, but thanks for the advice, ill check out those ones on ebay
Quote by Swat Man
dude im not gonna lie... the worste thing you can do for your guitar is replace ****ty pups...with ****ty pups... you will kick your self in the ass!

i bought the SD blackouts and was mad that they were 170 bux but trust me YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR... save a little more money and get some SD's.... they don't have to be the blackouts set... but get good ones and not cheap ones pleasE!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
but if its a ****ty guitar to begin with is it really worth while to put good pups in it? i just want something that is at least worth playing

p.s. sorry bout the double post haha
Quote by Swat Man
Last edited by mclindon at Dec 5, 2007,
yes a ****ty guitar with good pickups iis gonna sound a hell of a lot better then a ****ty guitar with bad pups...and you can always... i mean ALWAYS take those good ones out of the bad guitar and put them in a good guitar... ya know?
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Quote by mclindon
ok well i was just checkin out GFS and i found some that im interested in http://store.guitarfetish.com/gfscrraourho1.html but the only one i can order is the neck and there is no bridge one? anyone know whats goin on there?

If their pickups are anything close to the quality of their tuners I'd watch out
Quote by nodnod
If their pickups are anything close to the quality of their tuners I'd watch out

Why are their tuners garbage?

Their Pickups are pretty decent for being such a low price
alright, i think im just gonna take schecterfreaks advice and cough up the extra dough to get some sweet pups, probably gonna go all out and get my dream pups...ZAKK WYLDES EMG's haha ive wanted those for so long, just gotta save up for them now...

and ive seen that saga site and have seen a bunch of the guitars they got there and they look really nice, ive just heard things about how they actually play, but i guess ill find out when i get it
Quote by Swat Man
Quote by mclindon
alright, i think im just gonna take schecterfreaks advice and cough up the extra dough to get some sweet pups, probably gonna go all out and get my dream pups...ZAKK WYLDES EMG's haha ive wanted those for so long, just gotta save up for them now...

and ive seen that saga site and have seen a bunch of the guitars they got there and they look really nice, ive just heard things about how they actually play, but i guess ill find out when i get it

lol. i'm the one that suggested the idea. hell, i even suggested getting the zack wylde set.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
ok kasso, i will give credit where credit is due, you did say that first sooo....THANKS KASSO!!! haha
Quote by Swat Man
lol. post some pics of the progress. i really think im going to buy the saga LP kit after christmas.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
yep he did...but thats exactly what i thought when i read the title lol.... and i was only backing up kasso!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
haha ill be sure to post pics as this goes, in my mind this thing is going to turn out badass...i guess ill give the rundown of what im thinking just because im so eager to get some feedback on it- i guess now its basically going to be a zakk wlyde copy, do the bulls-eye, but cooler cus im going to do my school colors(orange and maroon for Virginia Tech), eventually(since i dont have the money yet) get the 81/85 zakk wylde emgs, and possible change the hardware to black. thoughts and or comments?
Quote by Swat Man
that would look pretty sweet...im not a huge fan of EMGs but hey... go with them if thats what you want!

i like the Seymour Duncan Blackouts better... so.... to each their own!

but yeah def pics!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Quote by nodnod

they aren't garbage, but they lie on their advertisements. the pics they have and the specs they provide are way off.

also, their active preamps are rubbish too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
bummer.... i was gonna get a pre amp to put in my strat... well i gues im not now!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
I bought some guitarheads pups off ebay for crazy cheap to put in my 7-string jackson. The stock jackson pups were awful. I wasn't expecting much for the 39$ i paid for a new set of no name 7-string pups but i was pleasantly surprised!!! these things crush. tons of output and clean too.
for a cheap ax I recommend checking these out.
They have 6-string buckers too.
Guitarheads on ebay, I would link but thats frowned upon on this forum.

Fuzzy
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
Quote by fuzzyDXMG
I bought some guitarheads pups off ebay for crazy cheap to put in my 7-string jackson. The stock jackson pups were awful. I wasn't expecting much for the 39$ i paid for a new set of no name 7-string pups but i was pleasantly surprised!!! these things crush. tons of output and clean too.
for a cheap ax I recommend checking these out.
They have 6-string buckers too.
Guitarheads on ebay, I would link but thats frowned upon on this forum.

Fuzzy

I only think its frowned upon if its YOUR auction your are promoting. I link to ebay all the time...
kent armstrong pickups are good.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
If you have pickups that don't get all noisy when a small private plane passes over head, they're not worth putting on a guitar.
Quote by spl3001
If you have pickups that don't get all noisy when a small private plane passes over head, they're not worth putting on a guitar.

what??
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
Search Ebay for Hex Humbuckers.

They're not bad.

Anyone who says otherwise is just being a brand nazi.