I've noticed, over the years, that many of my peers tend to insert the word 'all' seemingly gratuitously. You know what I'm talking about:

Who's all going?
What's all there?

The all seems rather useless to me, but is it grammatically correct to have it in there?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
i don't really get what the problem is. but that might just be because i say those same things. =/
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Never seen it used like that before.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Kill your friend, kill your friend's girlfriend, then kill the person she's cheating on him with. Then rape all three of them, then kill yourself, then rape yourself.

Member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club
i say that things like that constantly. who cares if it's correct, it's conversation not an english paper.
It's a cheap way of saying altogether.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by Joe-Fish
It's a cheap way of saying altogether.

?

All =/= alltogether
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Black_Coffee
i say that things like that constantly. who cares if it's correct, it's conversation not an english paper.

It just sounds so unnatural to me. Makes me want to gauge someone's eyes out, metaphorically.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I'm pretty sure that grammatically, it is incorrect. In the cases given, anyway. There are, I'm sure, some times when it's appropriate, but in the examples given, it's incorrect to say who's altogether there." Well, everyone there is there. So, that's a case of asking for specifics, anyway, making it a bad question with a grammatical flaw.
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
Quote by Muphin
It just sounds so unnatural to me. Makes me want to gauge someone's eyes out, metaphorically.

I think you mean 'Gouge'
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Kill your friend, kill your friend's girlfriend, then kill the person she's cheating on him with. Then rape all three of them, then kill yourself, then rape yourself.

Member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club

I think you mean 'Gouge'

OOOOHHH GRAMATICALLY PWNED!
Quote by newpurgatory

I think you mean 'Gouge'

OOOOHHH GRAMATICALLY PWNED!

unless he's wanting to measure them. perhaps they are very large.
and that was the worst metaphor ever. how is wanting to gouge someone's eyes out a metaphor for "unnatural" slang?

edit: I think Muphin needs to go back to school
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
Last edited by Raijin.xiii at Dec 5, 2007,
^Spelling pwned...
Anyway, the "all" thing I believe is probably a regional thing. Like in some states in the south they say y'all or something. But in the north it's you all or just you.
Also 'you' can imply singular or plural subjects depending on how it's used. 'You all' implies plural only.
Another regional thing is the word for soda-pop in the north is pop, in the south it's soda, and in Texas it's all just coke. Lol, so in Texas apparently I would call sprite coke.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
This thread seems rather useless to me, but is it correct to have it here?

...no, it's not
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
Quote by GuitarJunkie
This thread seems rather useless to me, but is it correct to have it here?

...no, it's not

YEAH ****ING PIT
what doesn't belong here.

..oh wait. *RELATIONSHIP THREAD* jackass
Quote by Oligarchy

Quote by jimmyjimjim

Quote by jdotp
Damn, spelling ****ed me over. So what's the verdict on my question?
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Damn, spelling ****ed me over. So what's the verdict on my question?

maybe you're just spelling it wrong so we can't understand your question
Quote by Oligarchy

Quote by jimmyjimjim

Quote by jdotp
On the topic of grammar, I think it's incorrect to refer to a band with "are".
Ex: Metallica are one of the big four thrash metal bands.

A band is a collective, single entity, regardless of whether or not the name of the band is singular (ie. Incubus) or plural in nature (ie. The Doors). Therefore, all bands should be addressed as singular nouns.
Ex: The Doors is a classic rock band.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Do not quote me but i believe that is incorrect. The use of words where unneeded is often grammatically incorrect. For instance: "Where is my book?" would be correct. "Where is my book at?" is not correct due to the added use of at.
However, in the use of formal wording, apostrophes are not expected to be used. So it is often up to interpretations.
Quote by jakerickman9208
Do not quote me but i believe that is incorrect. The use of words where unneeded is often grammatically incorrect. For instance: "Where is my book?" would be correct. "Where is my book at?" is not correct due to the added use of at.
However, in the use of formal wording, apostrophes are not expected to be used. So it is often up to interpretations.

The second one's incorrect because you're not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition, I believe.