Recently my computer won't recognize cd's or dvd's anymore. I'll put it in the drive, the light will start flashing, but nothing will come up on my computer. I've already tried restoring the system to an earlier date, but that didn't work either. Any ideas?
.... Well the computer did fall off my bed before it started doing that, so that might be it?
Quote by rockr09
.... Well the computer did fall off my bed before it started doing that, so that might be it?

Ha, my guess is yeah, that probably had something to do with it. CD/DVD drives are pretty cheap nowadays. You probably won't need to spend more than $20.
Its in a laptop though. You can't take the cd/dvd drive out of a laptop can you?
Yeah...major difference is the parts are smaller and more packed together. Have fun with that..
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by rockr09
Its in a laptop though. You can't take the cd/dvd drive out of a laptop can you?

It depends, really. Some computers, especially small business grade, are made so that wearable parts are easily swappable.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by rockr09

Oh, ouch. That's gonna run you a little more than $20 I'm afraid. Take it to Best Buy or some other computer repair shop.

edit: You know, just from browsing at average prices for notebook dvd drives, it would be a little cheaper to just get a USB disc drive, although it may end up being more of a hassle than it's worth.
Last edited by happytimeharry at Dec 6, 2007,
Alright thanks guys. My computer is just some $350 Compaq laptop I got for Christmas last year, so its not a major lost, but still it has most of music on it. I wish I could do some mods to it but Compaq says that this model's components are all integrated somehow.
Also, try replugging the IDE or SATA cable. If that doesn't work, buy some new drives. As for Compaq being proprietary, don't worry about it. Just go to www.newegg.com and get one anyway. Just make sure you know which type of connection the motherboard uses.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
^ Wait, so I could change the graphics card, ram card, and sound card in it?