I have to give a short speach tommorow on a policy that needs to be changed or some sort of persuasive topic. anyone have any ideas on topics?
Nice, I should expect the only person to actually reply to this post to say something like that
the drug problem in america should be treated as a health problem, not a criminal problem. The problem's associated with drugs are generally driven by those that are addicts. And the crime that is associated with drugs would disappear if they were made legal, and it was a justified business, not an illegal trade, or black market if you will.
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
I hope you're not saying marijuana should be legalized because it is. To those who need it. If you choose to smoke weed to get high, not to relieve pain I want to hit you all with a baseball bat.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Try to persuade people to do something stupid and easy. The big issues like abortion and all that people pretty much already have stuck opinions on and your not likely to change by giving a 2-3 minute speech in class, but if you give them something small people are more likely to actually follow through.

For mine last semester I did a little shpeal on putting an entry in your cell phones contacts labeled I.C.E. (In case of emergency). Paramedics and such are taught to look for your phone in case they can't identify you or the hospital doesn't have information on you they can call that number and get a hold of someone who, preferably for the doctor, has insurance / allergy / medical information for them.

The point is to focus on something easy because when someone actually does what you talked about you have successfully persuaded them.

Good luck, at the very least
Quote by Leat
I hope you're not saying marijuana should be legalized because it is. To those who need it. If you choose to smoke weed to get high, not to relieve pain I want to hit you all with a baseball bat.

please, justify to me, why it is not alright for ME to ingest marijuana in a recreational way, when my ingestion of said substance has no bearing on your life.
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
marijuana is great... and nebraska(where i am from) has very liberal laws on marijuana. But great idea on the cell phone entry and the drug problem. I think there are a lot of things people are jailed for that need medical help instead of jail time... i.e. guys who try to pick up little boys are obviously mentally ill and jail would seem to only fuel their desire and thats why so many are repeat offenders
Quote by capsfan17
please, justify to me, why it is not alright for ME to ingest marijuana in a recreational way, when my ingestion of said substance has no bearing on your life.

Amen.

Edit: oh, and to answer your question... I'd do it on something controversial just to **** with people... like religion in general and the impact it has had on society throughout the decades and if or if not it has "brainwashed" people of the terms "good and bad" ... hard to explain what i'm getting at...
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
Last edited by Rad_Sauce, yo at Dec 6, 2007,
Quote by Leat

K.

Why.

Tell me how's it any different to doing anything else recreational.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY