Ok so it WAS on fire, not anymore. My motherboard spontaneously caught fire near a usb connector while I was on it last week. I'm glad I was home or it could have caught the whole house on fire. At any rate... suffice it to say that the motherboard was toast after that incident, so I ordered a new one with the money from the warranty. It's almost identical (the original was discontinued... wonder why?) and now I installed everything again and its ready to go... or so I thought. I turned it on, and thats about all that happened. It acts like its doing something for about 5 seconds then just sits there. It's clearly not booting to windows because I can see from the lights that it is just idling. I dont get a BIOS screen or even the mobo startup splash screen. NOthing. my monitor says no input even though I'm positive everything is hooked up perfectly. I don't know what to do here. Any advice?
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Buy a new computer. Those devices are meant to randomly burn down as a sign that your Comm. 64 is no longer "en vogue"
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by RockerPseudonym
Buy a new computer. Those devices are meant to randomly burn down as a sign that your Comm. 64 is no longer "en vogue"

lol well thats all good and well except I built this like 6 months ago

2.6ghz core 2 duo
4gb 800mhz g-skill ram
evga 8800gtx

and many many more expensive pieces. they are still selling a similar setup for close to 2000 at best buy... so no.
I love my...

Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Quote by Z_cup_boy
how the hell did it catch fire thats crazy

no clue. I'm a little scared now. even if I get it running... I think i'm going to have to turn it off when I'm not there to make sure the pyro sonofabitch doesnt burn the house down
I love my...

Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Quote by tasty licks
no clue. I'm a little scared now. even if I get it running... I think i'm going to have to turn it off when I'm not there to make sure the pyro sonofabitch doesnt burn the house down

god thats what im doing from now on tbh
It's a very bad sign - I'd advise you check your power supply and such. If not, then you should think about your motherboard itself. Anything else should show up in the POST, but you're not even getting that so I'd assume it's one of those.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
If it's doing sweet f-a on startup, and not even showing any activity, it's likely to be a mobo problem. Also, do you have sufficient ventilation and cooling in your machine? Too little can cause your computer to catch fire in extreme cases.