To connect your guitar to your amp. I think this is also important for the clarity of your sound. Also, what length do I need to gig?
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
i never needed anything more then 30 feet to gig honestly... mostly cause i don't go all out jump arounf the F#cking stage and stuff... but you could be safe and go 50 but that would cost some dough.... i like planet waves... especially the chord that has the killswitch in it.
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Are Fender 15FT Platinums good?
Coming out March 2008

yeah... they are great for head to cab cables... i use the 5 ft version of that cable for my stacks
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Nice to know that. But I'm going to use it for guitar to amp. I have some choices like Spectraflex, George L's, Fender, Bullet Cables, Lava, Planet Waves, etc. Just want to know what would be the best.
Coming out March 2008

i use planet waves! best i have ever come across... and good for the money.. i have a 30 foot that was given to me but the gu onle paid like 15 bux... thats good 50 cents a foot... can't beat that!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
I had a planet waves one, broke in a couple of weeks. Now I have one that says "control", pretty solid stuff, really thick, and gold plated jacks.

Edit: And the Jacks on the Planet Waves cannot be opened, meaning no resoldering...
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
I use Whirlwind. I like them. I've owned a Fender cable (it was tweed, which was cool) but it didn't make solid contact with the jack in my guitar and the tip broke rather easily. Ernie Ball cables are nice cheapies, too. As far as gigging goes, only you can determine what you need. At some point, though, if you move around a lot, it becomes better to consider a wireless system since really long cables will suck your tone, especially if you run effects.
Hi, I'm Peter
true... but they replace mine free with the warranty i buy with the cables! so... i take it back and get a new cable!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Quote by splat102
Nice to know that. But I'm going to use it for guitar to amp. I have some choices like Spectraflex, George L's, Fender, Bullet Cables, Lava, Planet Waves, etc. Just want to know what would be the best.

if you gig dont get a spectraflex (those covered ones right) - they soak up beer/liquid soo fast you cant even see where it went...and theyre pretty rigid...

i dunno..i wouldnt get one of those

where are you located? theleadfactory (if youre in england) could help you

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Well, I could get a Planet Waves Classic Series. How good is that?
Coming out March 2008

I use Planet Waves, and swear by them.
I have the kind with the thing that locks them in.
You can also get ones that, if they short out, you take off the jack, cut a bit off the cable, and screw the jack back on and it works with no soldering required.
^ yep! i love the locking jacks... they are great! i wouldn't go back to monster cable if you paid me!
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
I use Planet Waves. A little pricey, but I couldn't be happier. Not a single problem in the two years I've owned it so far.
I have a nice looking bullet cable, but couldn't really tell you much about how it sounds since I run it to a ****ty 15 watt silvertone amp. still seems like a pretty nice cable though.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
I use whatever. My cables only cost £11...but they work....lol. You get me!?
~:.*.:~She Is Your Suffering~:.*.:~

Quote by Green_Jelly
Hello Kitty. Everyone knows cats can't play guitar.
iv got a 20ft planet waves custom cable and it seems pretty good, and at £17 it didnt cost to much
my planet waves have started to lose continuity over about 2 years of being stood on and such, can i get them replaced under warranty?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
cables dont make a difference in your sound or tone, just reliability
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
care to explain why? honestly unless you are using a crappy radioshack cable, there wont be a difference in sound quality
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Even the simple difference between copper and silver conductor in a cable can vary the tone slightly. Most people report silver as being a bit "brighter" and a tad more detailed. Of course if you really want to get nit picky, the length of the cable can determine your tone as well, when it comes to going over 30 feet etc. which can degrade it.

Thicker gauge conductor doesn't necessarily mean it will be any less or more reliable, but you can be assured using an abnormally thin gauge will make your tone sound more tinny, because there isn't enough bandwidth to shove the electrons through at a reasonable rate.

The actual plugs, outer jacket and heatshrink (if used) should be included in the quest for a reliable cable.
Last edited by Guitar Eater at Dec 6, 2007,
Quote by Guitar Eater
Even the simple difference between copper and silver conductor in a cable can vary the tone slightly. Most people report silver as being a bit "brighter" and a tad more detailed. Of course if you really want to get nit picky, the length of the cable can determine your tone as well, when it comes to going over 30 feet etc. which can degrade it.

Thicker gauge conductor doesn't necessarily mean it will be any less or more reliable, but you can be assured using an abnormally thin gauge will make your tone sound more tinny, because there isn't enough bandwidth to shove the electrons through at a reasonable rate.

The actual plugs, outer jacket and heatshrink (if used) should be included in the quest for a reliable cable.

/argument
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
cables do effect your tone and how much comes through, i stick with planet waves for all gear connecting, lifetime warranty, but i also use a sure wireless, for speaker cables i use mognami, expensive but best in the biz
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
my planet waves have started to lose continuity over about 2 years of being stood on and such, can i get them replaced under warranty?

Planet Waves cables come with a life time warranty, don't they? You should be able to if you find your receipt..
Monster Rock are the Best Cables I have ever used.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
I use a planet waves 15ft for my guitar to my pedals, some no name patch cables that were $4 each, and i just bought an IXL 7 metre lead for my pedalboard to my amp. And i dont gig, but just starting gigging i dont think you would need more than 15-20ft, because you wont be playing big stages with much room to move.

And i noticed you have a AES620, i have the 820. Theyre great guitars arent they, i love mine.