This is going to seem very, very dumb; however do you think it would be wise to take 2 30 minute lessons a week rather than 1 thirty minute lesson a week?

I can't think of any reason in which it (2x the lessons) would be bad. Can you?
Quote by chiknoodle_POOP
This is going to seem very, very dumb; however do you think it would be wise to take 2 30 minute lessons a week rather than 1 thirty minute lesson a week?

I can't think of any reason in which it (2x the lessons) would be bad. Can you?

I can. You need the time in between to practice what you've learned in each lesson. Its also more expensive.

Ive done this with a few students.... they always switch back to once a week fairly quickly.
shred is gaudy music
Well, depends on what you learn in your lesson. If your teacher gives you a lot of stuff to practice at home, it might be smarter to have only one lesson a week. If you only have 3 days or so to practice for your next lesson, you may have to rush through everything your teacher gives you. So in that case it would be better to have one lesson a week. But that's all personal preference I guess.

It also depends how much you're being charged per lesson. If you're getting charged 15 bucks per lesson, I wouldn't have lessons twice a week, as it will eat through your wallet quite fast.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
hmm... see that's the one thing I was concerned about; not having time in between. Maybe I'll just stick with once a week. Thanks.
stick with once a week because you need time to practice and having lessons two times a week can really screw over your schedule. But if your looking to try to get 2x the lessons and still have time to practice see if the place you get lessons at has 1 hour lessons, though they tend to be expensive so i wouldn't reccomend it unless you have the money.
my experience: i took electric lessons for 2 years, once a week, before starting classical lessons which are twice a week, and i have dropped my electric to once every two weeks

quiet frankly, if youre willing to do the work, having lessons twice a week will rocket you far, and fast, and the teacher wont expect you to have things perfect, i mean, what teacher does, if you did they wouldnt have a job. youre not gonna be able to perfect things after 3-4 days, it takes much more to build up the comfort

in my twice a week lessons, we tend to have 3 major projects at a time, one day we work on 1 a lot, and 2 a little, the next time we work on 3 a lot and 2 a little, etc, its not like they pound the same thing over and over

and because ive worked with my electric teacher so long, and he really knows my level, now that ive split to twice a week, which is only because of financial restraint, he can give me stuff, and i tear through it easily, but he'll give me loads of stuff, for the past 2 lessons ive gone there and i've been given no less than 5 sheets of new stuff to work on. But again, the longer you do something, the less you need someone to watch over you

the more you have played the more you'll know good practice habits and whatnot

*shrug*
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Just do it once a week!

Price and practice time you'll need are the main factors... as other people said!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Once a week.

Lessons don't make you a better guitar player. Ridiculous amounts of hours practicing make you a better guitar player. The only thing lessons should do is tell you what and how to practice.
Nope. None at all.
I get my lesson once every 2 weeks. It's an hour long, and we go over alot of stuff ie- Theory, improv, technique etc.

It works out quite well. Because in the 2 week gap, I have to learn the songs (or parts of them) from my grade book, get used to patterns/chords/playing in different positions/working out where certain notes/degrees are, work on my chops, and work on my improv.

I'm actually lucky if I get all that squeezed in.
Quote by duggyrocks
I get my lesson once every 2 weeks. It's an hour long, and we go over alot of stuff ie- Theory, improv, technique etc.

It works out quite well. Because in the 2 week gap, I have to learn the songs (or parts of them) from my grade book, get used to patterns/chords/playing in different positions/working out where certain notes/degrees are, work on my chops, and work on my improv.

I'm actually lucky if I get all that squeezed in.

what school do you go to? music school?