yea...so ive been playing for like 4 years now. and the guitar strings ive been using finaly snapped like 2 days ago....
i dont know how the lasted so long cause i played the crap out of them..
anywho..
i bought some 11 guage Elixirs cause the dude i bought the guitar from said thats what they were. i put them on and it sounded SOOOO stupid. i cant play guitar without getting pissed off now cause it sounds so bad.
soo....
what are the best strings for metal/hardcore/metalcore...stuff like that.
i need the names, size, prices, and sites i can get them at.
thanks.
WTF!
you didnt change strings for 4 years!
whats wrong with you!?

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

hahaha

if you played the same strings for 4 years - new ones are gonna sound different

BETTER different lol

the strings you were using will have been soooooooo dead and dull
get used to it, this is what strings should sound like

you should change strings once every 2-3 months max
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
they acually didnt sound bad. i was shocked when all my friends said they change them every 2 months..
i didnt know any better.

but....yall didnt give me any brands..
those Elixirs sounded BAD dude. they sounded like acoustic strings...and they were for acoustic.
MY friend plays death metal and grindcoreish stuff, he onyl uses DR strings.

As for the gauge, thats up to you.
Quote by !normajean!
they acually didnt sound bad. i was shocked when all my friends said they change them every 2 months..
i didnt know any better.

but....yall didnt give me any brands..
those Elixirs sounded BAD dude. they sounded like acoustic strings...and they were for acoustic.

were they ACTUALLY acoustic strings or are you just saying they sounded like them?
ie. did they say acoustic guitar strings on the package?

if they sound metallic then this is good, i used to think the same but its a good thing

ermmmm ernie ball, rotosound?
have fun lol
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
I find it really really hard to believe that you've been playing guitar for 4 years and never changed strings once and don't know anything about them, but if you insist!

There are a ton of brands. I like Ernie Ball, GHS, etc. There is no best string for a certain brand, usually. Just find something you're comfortable with.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
get ghs boomers or super slinky's

.10/.11 for drop tunings but the thicker strings decrease bendability and sound thicker and bassier

i use .9 super slinkys and drop c is as low as i can go
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Crate XT120R
(broken) Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah

lolzords
How do you not know what brand strings you used if you used them for 4 years?

If you dare to say they were stock strings that came with the guitar I'll kill myself.

Or a small animal
id say just get a set of ernie ball super slinkies 09's
thatll get you used to "normal" strings again

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Ernie Balls ftw.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Dr
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
well from what you've told us, it sounds like you more than likely don't even know how to properly change strings... so maybe they sounded bad because you didn't put them on right? in other news... d'addarios are good, and I'm going to be switching to DR's when I start going thicker and tuning down to B.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
I use EB 11's and they are pretty good and pretty cheap. I've had the same pair on my Les Paul now for almost 6 moths which is lame, but they still work. Normally you should change strings between 1-4months. If using fast fret they last longer, that's a fact.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by seargentkitty
get ghs boomers or super slinky's

.10/.11 for drop tunings but the thicker strings decrease bendability and sound thicker and bassier

i use .9 super slinkys and drop c is as low as i can go

9's for drop C? Dammit, that gotta sound like a donkey! Do you even have 2 seconds of sustain?
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I couldn't imagine doing drop c (without it sounding retarded) with anything less than 11's or maybe 12's. I have 10.5's on right now and the lowest I ever go nowadays is D. drop C is for generic metalcore anyways, be a real man and go to standard C or B atleast. hell, you don't even need low tunings for death metal... deicide uses Eb/D.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
ok. thanks for all your help!

and i bought my guitar from a friend. he is REALLY good but i was just learning so i didnt care about changing strings or anything. i didnt even know what they were. he said they were Elixirs. and i did put my new ones on right. and they ARE electric stings...not acoustic.
but thanks for all your help!
i LOVE GHS boomers strings
theyre amazing
i use size 11 now
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼