I'm looking for a distortion/overdrive effect,
I play Classical/Shred and pyshc music and everything is in clean with a slight delay cause it's how I love to play.
Sort of like Yngiwe Malmsteen meets Pink Floyd just without so many effects.
But I'm looking for an effect that will keep the clean/gentle side of my playing but will also give it some attitude for certain solos/lead riffs mainly just to make some of my music stand out a little more and in some aspects give me a wider range of sounds to compose new music with and to make some of my shred solos a little easier then they are in clean.
Any advice anyone can give I would be thankfull for
I also use an Marshall MG30 at the moment so if anyone could give me some setting ideas which I could try I would very much appreciate it
I don't want anything fuzzy or dirty, looking for a clean, smooth sort of distortion/overdrive.
Thank you
Last edited by nousernamehere at Dec 6, 2007,
What is your budget, i'd reccomend a multi FX pedal like the ME-50
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
I don't have alot of money but I wwill save if need be, so recommend anything cause I'd rather wait a little while and get something perfect rather then just get what I can afford at the moment
A new amp?
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

As i said before Boss ME-50, i used to have one and they are the most fun things ever! i think they go for about 250 over there but i'm not sure. It has something like 22 types of distortion, loads of delay and modulation and a wah pedal. And they all sound pretty damn good for the price
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
As i said before Boss ME-50, i used to have one and they are the most fun things ever! i think they go for about 250 over there but i'm not sure. It has something like 22 types of distortion, loads of delay and modulation and a wah pedal. And they all sound pretty damn good for the price

250 isnt to bad
I'll go have a look at one in a local guitar shop
thank you for the advice
The Boss ME-50 distortion and OD's sound very box-y and flat. Can't hurt to try one out anyway.
Boss DS-1's sound like something you might like. It has distortion and tone setttings. I have one and you can get a really good range between heavy and light distortion. It goes for around $40. It might be the cheap fix that you dont want though.
SuperSpytotally sneaky
It's a bit more expensive but you'll love it:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-ME50-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor?sku=151304 check out the clips
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90