Hey all,

Ive wanted a new acoustic guitar for a while now, and after making some bank(some... ) I fell in love with the Cole Clark FL1AC, more specifically with bunya top and qld maple back and sides. Problem is, I'm here in the USA. Through the Cole Clark website i found Boston Guitar Works . I'm live in either California or Colorado, depending on the season.

Question 1: Is it even worth it to try and get a FL1 stateside, or should i go with something else?

Question 2: Is Boston guitar works a good place to order from? Reputable? Somewhere better thats in the US? These guys were on the Cole Clark website, so i would think that they would be a good choice.

Thanks all.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Oh there good alright. Problem is stock can be scarce even down here in Aus. Wasnt as bad as it was but turnover seems to be pretty quick.

I guess the good thing about getting one is that theyre damn fine guitars and it would be pretty unique to have one. I mean how many of your friends would own one?

Problems I see:
First off...availability, Boston Guitar Works doesnt have stock...I think the factory is working at capacity and some shops are having trouble getting them in still (this is in Aus, so obviously its gunna be worse over there cos there wouldnt have been as many in the first place).
2nd is price. There fantastic value in Aus, but Boston Guitar Works has them lsited for about $1200USD, here in Aus there listed for about $1200AUD. Our dollar is catching oyurs but its not there yet. Also, guitars in general are much mroe expensive down here than they are in the states which is one of the reasons that Maton and Cole Clark do so well down here, because all of the international companies are marked ups o much, theres just not much thats equivalent in value for the same price.

I think you could possibly do better with something else. The other day when i was at my local guitar shop (I've been tossing up between a Maton M225 and the Cole Clark FL1 for a while now, will probably buy either in the next week or so or next feb) and as usual i went and compared the Maton and the Cole Clark (One thing i find about Cole Clark's is that some are mind blowingly good and just rip apart the Maton, while some are good but they dont distinctly win over the Maton, i guess its the variation of the woods and stuff.) This particular time the Cole Clark was pretty much mind blwoing. But after i had cleaned up my pants...i saw a Breedlove for a similar price (AD/20SM it was) and I had been hearing a lot of good things about Breedlove so i decided, hey why not give it a try. And it pretty much blew the Cole Clark out of the water, it was a bit mroe expensive, but easily justifiable.
Moral of the story... Theres a lot of other stuff out there, especially in the States that is worth trying and that is just as good, if not better. You guys also get the advantage of having the larger demand, so much more available, at much lower prices...Lucky Bastards!
Think Breedlove, Alvarez..stuff like that.

Good luck with whatever you choose anyway!
Thanks. I was thinking of the problems with getting one too, but it hadnt occured to me how long it could be on order. Ive also been looking into a martin d15 or 16, i guess ill have a closer look at those, unless i somehow get to go to Australia this summer...
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Oh no stay in the cold. Its gunna be a scorcher (again, and i guess as usual). I know Ill be off to Canada through Jan...good to escape one of the hottest months, although i think Feb is uslaly hotter on average, pity i have to be back for school eh.
Spring and Autumn are the best seasons in Aus i reckon, perfect for guitar shopping.