Yeah schecters are great guitars, great tone, fast necks, and a great metal guitar, plus thats a rockin price
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
bolt on neck...no
EMG h4....no
LFR...no

im gonna say look for something better

EDIT: btw...the poster above me seems to be suffering from stupidity if he thinks that's what a decent schecter is
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Dec 6, 2007,
you like it, so i'd take that as a good sign. Just think some more about it, like did you like teh sound and such etc etc
id get a hellraiser instead, if moneys the problem just wait it out, its worth it
Send me off to bed forevermore.
well overall the reviews on musicians friend are good if you don't count the one or two that are bad. if you actually want the floyd rose a lot then you should buy it, but they are a pain to change strings/change tuning/etc.
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by shredhead22
bolt on neck...no
EMG h4....no
LFR...no

im gonna say look for something better

EDIT: btw...the poster above me seems to be suffering from stupidity if he thinks that's what a decent schecter is

for 400 bucks thats a decent guitar so learn to shut ur mouth shredhead22

EDIT: also look into an ibanez if ur unsure, they make great guitars with a pretty decent price
Quote by SharpSpoon

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Last edited by schecter_r0cker at Dec 6, 2007,
Quote by schecter_r0cker
for 400 bucks thats a decent guitar so learn to shut ur mouth shredhead22

EDIT: also look into an ibanez if ur unsure, they make great guitars with a pretty decent price

wrong. all the hardware on that guitar is shoddy at best. i know one can't expect the best quality on a guitar at that price but c'mon...it's bad enough that it's a bolt on neck but mixed with the sub-par trem system on that plus the not so active EMGs that sound like crap i'd say that's not much of a guitar even for $400 so please STFU

save up a bit for a c+1 or a hellraiser TS
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Dec 6, 2007,
bolt on necks arent bad dude, saying that is like saying all fenders are crap :S, so i donno why u have a problem with that, the trem system has to be better than the ibanez Edge 3 trem system lol, nothing is worse than that one (its made from soft metals), and at that price, u could affourd to change out the pick ups in a few months, if he has a job
Quote by SharpSpoon

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Quote by schecter_r0cker
bolt on necks arent bad dude, saying that is like saying all fenders are crap :S, so i donno why u have a problem with that, the trem system has to be better than the ibanez Edge 3 trem system lol, nothing is worse than that one (its made from soft metals), and at that price, u could affourd to change out the pick ups in a few months, if he has a job

generaly fenders and ibanez make good bolt-ons, but i'v never seen that to be true with schecters apart fron the earlier blackjack models, a liscensed floyd can be just as bad as en edge III and with the money he's gonna spend on upgrading pups (roughly $200?) he could've just as easily spent on a better quality guitar.
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Save up about $100 and get an Ibanez S320. It looks similar but has a MUCH better trem, MUCH better stock pickups (though no stock pickup will be that great at this price), a better neck, IMO better woods (although that is subjective... some people would prefer basswood over mahogany)... it's only $100 more but it's about a $500 difference in overall quality if you ask me.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Ive never had a bolt on schecter mines neck through but I havent heard anything bad about them
Quote by SharpSpoon

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
to answer a couple questions:

i have no job I'm not old enough lol

i dont like ibanez. i hate the necks on them.

my price range is at the most around 600$ so id like to get the most for the price because this is gonna have to last me awhile

more suggestions, please?

my current guitar is a bolt on. whats the disadvantage/advantage?
If you can spend $600, why in the world are you looking at a $400 guitar? In most cases with guitars, you get what you pay for.

Bolt on isn't bad, but set necks or neck-thrus offer better upper fret access, but also come at the price of difficult maintenance. There are still some quality guitars with bolt on necks. If you really like the necks on Schecters, then I suggest you stick with them, because their necks are kind of unique. Try the C-1 FR. It has better pickups and better construction. Buuut, I highly suggest that you save up for as long as it takes to get a C-1 Hellraiser FR. That guitar kicks some major bottom, and can last you your entire playing career if you let it.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.