And god am I happy for doing so. So much clipping when I crank it up.

So, UG, here I am again to ask something concerning amps... again...

Today I went to try out some. My budget is $300 and less. I was looking into a Vox Valvetrox 15 watt, but I really doubt it's loud enough for shows. I was looking into a used Marshall 30 watt, but I dunno if that is loud enough. So I'm thinking about between a Vox and a Marshall. MAYBE a Crate Palomino, but it has to be within $300. Maybe a Fender, but just tell me ANY amps at GC, used or new, $300 or less, and are loud enough for gigs.

Btw I play blues, rock, and metal. I want a powerful clean channel, a screaming blues solo sound, and a general metal tone.

Thanks
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
Last edited by md41 at Dec 6, 2007,
tubetubetube
Guitars / Bass
60th anniversary strat
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic
Mitchell Electric-Acoustic
60th anniversary p-bass

Amps
TSL60 w/ 1960a
Frontman 25R II
Behringer BXL450A
I hope the marshall you mentioned isn't an MG, but I have a strange suspicion that it is...
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
good move there md. well is there any kind of sound you want to either emulate or come close to? do you use cleans? or only distortion? tube or SS?

the palomino, Epiphone Valve Jr., Blackheart BH5H for the tubes would be good for you...

for SS/hybrid check out the Roland Cube and the Vox Valvetronix. the AD30 should be good for practicing...i used a 30 watt Behringer to play with a VERY hard hitting drummer another guitarist and a bassist. along with my metal muff before the Mesa. but first go out and try as much as possible for as long as possible like i said before.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
good move there md. well is there any kind of sound you want to either emulate or come close to? do you use cleans? or only distortion? tube or SS?

the palomino, Epiphone Valve Jr., Blackheart BH5H for the tubes would be good for you...

for SS/hybrid check out the Roland Cube and the Vox Valvetronix. the AD30 should be good for practicing...i used a 30 watt Behringer to play with a VERY hard hitting drummer another guitarist and a bassist. along with my metal muff before the Mesa. but first go out and try as much as possible for as long as possible like i said before.

Well the Vox has a lot of pre-amp settings, great for finding a sound. I'm just pondering if it is LOUD enough without giving fdbk or clipping. I use both cleans and dist.

Thanks dude I really appreciate your advice.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
^ +1
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by forsaknazrael
15 watt Vox AD50VT
You mean the AD15VT right?
Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, I can assure, the 15 watt Vox AD50VT is NOT loud enough for gigs. You'd need at least 15 watts of tube wattage. So the Palomino V16 is your best bet. Save up a little more.

How much headroom do those have? He said he want's cleans also - and I'm not so sure you can crank a V16 loud enough to gig with, without getting distortion. Of course I could be wrong - I've never tried one.

Oh well - I guess beggers can't be choosers......not for $300.
Gear

Gibson '57 Les Paul Reissue
Marshall TSL 601
EHX: Big Muff, Metal Muff, Small Stone, POG, 2880
Ibanez TS808
Voodoo Labs Microvibe
Analogman Chorus
Morley Bad Horsie II
Keeley Compressor (C4)
Nova Delay
MXR 10-band EQ
Quote by Tom S.
You mean the AD15VT right?

Hahaha. Yes.

Quote by Guitartist
How much headroom do those have? He said he want's cleans also - and I'm not so sure you can crank a V16 loud enough to gig with, without getting distortion. Of course I could be wrong - I've never tried one.

Oh well - I guess beggers can't be choosers......not for $300.

Exactly. It's just a matter of his budget. If he pushes it further, he could get a Peavey Valveking, find a used Peavey Classic 30, used Traynor YCV40...etc..
K well if I were to do this i would have to wait another week. I think it'll be worth it.
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX