To put a Floyd Rose Tremolo on a Les Paul type body such as the ESP EC-1000 Flametop?? I just wonder because i love the tone and shape of them but would like a Whammy-bar as well and yet have never seen one with it done. Just a small question .
Yeah, but you'll have to rout out a bunch of wood.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Yes you can but i wouldnt on an EC. The guitar worth like 1000$? It cost around 500$ to put a FR on your guitar (setup by the luthier + parts). Id say yes on a 2000 guitar or an ESP but not on an LTD. Ask your luthier but mine told me if i really want one to buy a guitar with the FR. I agree with you man EC looks so nice with FR but ESP makes some

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea/standard_gt/ecli_1_ctm_fr.html
Yeah, make sure you have the tools though. You can do almost anything...but please, no hello kitty paintjob...I still can't believe that they would do that to a fender....those poor pink bastards.
Quote by SoulFallsVoice
Yeah, make sure you have the tools though. You can do almost anything...but please, no hello kitty paintjob...I still can't believe that they would do that to a fender....those poor pink bastards.

It's ok , it was a squier.

TS I think the Carved top may provide you with a bt of a problem. at least in making it look neat.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by gab4554
Yes you can but i wouldnt on an EC. The guitar worth like 1000$? It cost around 500$ to put a FR on your guitar (setup by the luthier + parts). Id say yes on a 2000 guitar or an ESP but not on an LTD. Ask your luthier but mine told me if i really want one to buy a guitar with the FR. I agree with you man EC looks so nice with FR but ESP makes some

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/oversea/standard_gt/ecli_1_ctm_fr.html

Alright thanks for the input everyone. I wasnt planning on getting it on the EC-1000, thats probably going to be my next guitar though . Just wondering if it was available because maybe once i get a job and all established ill think of getting it custom done on a nicer guitar. Btw that link is bitchin.
No problem man. Custom is the best you can do when you have a bunch of money. What you mean by bitchin?
Quote by gab4554
No problem man. Custom is the best you can do when you have a bunch of money. What you mean by bitchin?

Lol, i meant it as in that guitar was awesome when i clicked on the link
Too bad its not a flametop though, i dont like ebony that much.
Kahler and Stetsbar are the words you guys were actually looking for.

They have models which need very little top routing (so no huge chunks) and models that go straight on (I think).