I don't know what it is about LP copies, but they appeal to me soo much. Are there any killer LP copies in like a 5 - 8 hundred price range that would give a real LP a run for it's money? I know a lot of people have Agiles and Hondos, but: A) are those good, and B) Are there any others?

BTW, don't suggest Epi, no offense to them or anything, seeing as they do make some good guitars, but i'm looking outside the Gibson/Epiphone company.

Thanks.
oh yea, one thing i forgot to include: set neck or neck through only. I hate to say it, but bolt-ons just don't do it for me. are the Ibby's bolt-ons? and how much would the edwards run in the US?
You could probably make a nice quality guitar for your price range.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
^He said no Epiphones

Do you want a Les Paul copy or just a singlecut guitar?

Michael Kelly Patriots beat the pants off of very single Epiphone I've ever played.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Ok, like you i have a passion for les pauls. When i was first strating out, i didnt have the money for a gibson, so i started looking around. Theres a company called "Stellar" which sells guitars in a store on ebay. Check these two out http://cgi.ebay.com/New-GREEN-FLAME-Stellar-The-Paul-Guitar-Les-Hard-Case_W0QQitemZ230200616862QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and this one http://cgi.ebay.com/New-NATURAL-FLAME-Stellar-The-Paul-Guitar-Les-Case_W0QQitemZ230200641786QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem. Theres a bunch of different colors available. The quality of these guitars are fantastic, and the factory pickups are also very good. These guitars also come with hardshells too. I have a Gibson LP Standard as well as a stellar, and i have not seen a better copy. Honestly, i placed my gibson next to the stellar and my friends epi, and the gibson and the stellar looked identical (cosmetically of course).
Hope this helps.
sweet. thanks for the responses guys, keep em coming.

And to FacingUsAll, i'd be open to checking out most single cut guitars a la the michael kelly patriot or fernandes monterey, etc.
Definitely look at those Michael Kelly Patriots then

Spectacular guitars.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Japanese Les Paul knock offs a fantastic.
Too bad you can't legally sell them in US.
If you can find a Edwards on ebay, they are just as good as a $3,000 Gibson.
Lots of people say ESP Navigators beat any custom shop Les Paul, but they go for 3-6 thousand.
Well, considering you can get a Gibson LP for 800, I don't see why buy a copy? I know s101 makes a copy, but they use epiphone parts. Sounds really good though, I have an sg copy.
I was at a local music shop and they carry Jay Turser guitars and their LP copies were awesome. I played several and they were all the same very consistant! The SGs were great as well. I was playing a JT-220 CS my friend was playing an SG then a couple other came over one guy grabbed a bass and we were all jamming on JT guitars. These guitars sell for $199.99 and well worth it. I have two JT guitars one called a Warlord and the other a V copy with a bolt on neck both soun and play great. The V copy could use a better set of pups but it was $100.00 I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is.

I really want this one though.

http://www.jayturser.com/jt-200serpent.php

The one they had was on hold for someone who dropped a deposit on it, it was probably one of the best looking LPs I have seen.

John
70's Ibanez lawsuit Les Paul! they are incredible!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Quote by JLT73
70's Ibanez lawsuit Les Paul! they are incredible!

The problem is even post lawsuit ones can run around $1500 in good shape from what I've seen. Tokai, Edwards and Aria Pro II all make/made some sweet MIJ LP copies, along with Washburn's "Uncle Mat" era LP-influenced guitars.
I have no personal experience with this brand (except that I might get one in the near future) but I heard the higher end Agiles are REALLY good. They go upwards of 700 $ or something, but there are a lot of in between variants. I'm planing on getting a 200 $ one.

Anyawys, Rondomusic.com is the site, good luck man.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Alright. So far i have on my list to check out

- Edwards LP
- Hondo LP custom
- Michael Kelly Patriot
- Agile LP (not sure which model)

BTW, i know that low end Agile's are pretty bad, but what generally are the good model numbers? is it above like, 2500 or something?
if you don't get done for customs, I think an edwards LP comes in around the $800 mark.

if you're willing to go second hand, you could probably look at other MIJ's... greco, burny, tokai, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've got a doublecut Ibanez artist I really like. They have reissues now that are pretty nice, but not quite in the 10-11 lb range like the old ones.

Edit: PRS SE's are really good playing too. Set necks with a contoured heel/neck joint.
82 Ibanez artist ar105
94 Fender MIJ 72 tele custom reissue
04 prs se soapbar singlecut
97 Simon & Patrick pro flame maple
05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12
Custom Strat

68 Fender Super Reverb
78 Traynor TS200
80's Roland Cube20
Last edited by Guitarminator at Dec 7, 2007,
esp eclipse
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by RG_FANMAN
I don't know what it is about LP copies, but they appeal to me soo much. Are there any killer LP copies in like a 5 - 8 hundred price range that would give a real LP a run for it's money? I know a lot of people have Agiles and Hondos, but: A) are those good, and B) Are there any others?

BTW, don't suggest Epi, no offense to them or anything, seeing as they do make some good guitars, but i'm looking outside the Gibson/Epiphone company.

Thanks.

A ESP LTD EC400VF blows away every epi i have ever played. The EC400VF is currently $529 on Samash and in a few months the EC401VF comes out for $629
Quote by calbertson32
A ESP LTD EC400VF blows away every epi i have ever played. The EC400VF is currently $529 on Samash and in a few months the EC401VF comes out for $629

Erm... mind me asking why you bumped a 2 month old thread?
Tokai.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by JC13
Not sure if they fit into your price range completely, but Edwards by ESP makes the best I've ever seen.

+200

my edwards v kills gibsons
Quote by Pac_man0123
Erm... mind me asking why you bumped a 2 month old thread?

correction: 1 year, two months.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ESP Eclipse-1000 or an Agile AL-3000 or AL-3100
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w