Page 1 of 2
Anybody voting in this? It's near teh bottom of the home page. I keep voting Dethklok(multiple voting FTW!) as the success of 2007 and a bunch of random bands for the failure of 2007 (FOB MCR Disturbed A&A etc. etc.)

So yea who did you guys vote the "best"?
Dethklok isn't that great imo...funny yes, but talented, meh...there is better...
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
Dethlok IS AWESOME@#@!#!#!
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Minus The Bear
The Smashing Pumpkins
Of Montreal
Machine Head
and Radiohead

all released albums full of awesomeness.

Whereas acts I could expect more from, such as Dream Theater, released some pretty mediocre music for their standards.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Ice Nine Kills.
Alter Bridge.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by Altered_Carbon
Minus The Bear
The Smashing Pumpkins
Of Montreal
and Radiohead

also, animal collective.
White Stripes, Icky Thump was very good, IMO
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
i voted Marilyn Manson for the best - eat me, drink me was really really good, IMO. even better than mechanical animals.

for worst i put Dream Theater. they're a good band, but systematic chaos was a complete flop for me...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by dannay
...it is?

Would you rather another emo band get big?

It is good. But I guess it's all opinions.
White Stripes
The Hives
Radiohead
Muse
Wolfmother
Smashing Pumpkins (hmm.. I've only heard Tarantula at this point. If the rest of Zeitgeist is that good, it's certainly been a great year for them)
Herbie Hancock
Dream Theater
Led Zeppelin
Who's hot:

Incubus
Foo Fighters
Avenged Sevenfold
Dragonforce
Linkin Park
Muse
Radiohead
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Tool
White Stripes
Korn
Fall Out Boy
Brand New
Plain White T's
Maroon 5
Wolfmother
Keane
Escape the Fate

Who's not:

Kid Rock
Angels and Airwaves
Weezer
Killswitch Engage
My Chemical Romance
Taking Back Sunday
Dream Theater
Nickelback
Van Halen
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
I voted the the Police, White Stripes, Velvet Revolver, and Megadeth numerous times as best and Fall Out Boy and Plain White T's as worst.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
Quote by instagata0
i voted Marilyn Manson for the best - eat me, drink me was really really good, IMO. even better than mechanical animals.

for worst i put Dream Theater. they're a good band, but systematic chaos was a complete flop for me...

Well, Mechanical Animals was mediocre at best and Eat Me Drink Me was better.

Still Antichrist Superstar was his best, closely followed by Holy Wood imo
Quote by Norse_Iron_King
Anybody voting in this? It's near teh bottom of the home page. I keep voting Dethklok(multiple voting FTW!) as the success of 2007 and a bunch of random bands for the failure of 2007 (FOB MCR Disturbed A&A etc. etc.)

out of sheer curiosity... why do FOB and MCR get your votes for worst biggest failures of 2007?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Best of 07
-King Diamond
3 inches in blood
Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
As I lay Dying
Behemoth
Agony Scene
Devil wears prada

"Not so hot of 07"
Fall out boy
AFI
Disturbed
Avenged Sevenfold
Hell Yeah
My Chemical Romance
Best of 07
-Arch Enemy
-As I Lay Dying
-Parkway Drive

07 Failers

- Atreyu failed with the new album
- Hell Yeah was an utter failure. They should be ashamed.
Hurp De Durp
Quote by Norse_Iron_King

ok first off im not defending these guys... but it seems that you just hopped on the "Zomfg T3hy @ctu!!y g0T the r@dio playz so they automatic suckzorz!!1one!" typical bandwagon. I doubt you have ever listened to one or more songs by those bands you listed.

So for worst im going deathklok (never listened to them but they sound band and i have freinds who don't like them )
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
Best - Avenged Sevenfold
Worst - Fall out boy (not because they get air play, i like many pop artists, just because they suck and they are finally on their way out of the music scene ;-) oh happy day)
Best: Jimmy Eat World get my vote, closely followed by Radiohead and Biffy Clyro. All 3 released fantastic albums.
Worst: Funeral For A Friend, their new CD was just such a disappointment.

Quote by Norse_Iron_King
....and a bunch of random bands for the failure of 2007 (FOB MCR Disturbed A&A etc. etc.)

Someone's original...
Why does everyone bag on MCR?

Ray Toro is actually a decent guitar player. Yeah, so Gerard Way is pretty whiney, but compared to what's out there they aren't a bad band.

Don't bother trying to flame me, I know it's all down to opinion and everything but seriously... I really fail to see how they are so bad.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Best: Biffy Clyro

Worst: Spice Girls

couldn't find anything worse than that ^^
Elle moe is elle va.
Quote by Ramones06
Best of 07
-King Diamond
3 inches in blood
Amon Amarth
Arch Enemy
As I lay Dying
Behemoth
Agony Scene
Devil wears prada

"Not so hot of 07"
Fall out boy
AFI
Disturbed
Avenged Sevenfold
Hell Yeah
My Chemical Romance

I can't believe you think The Devil Wears Prada and As I Lay Dying are best and AFI belongs in the worst. TDWP and AILD are as generic and crappy as metalcore bands go. At least AFI is still original although their older stuff is better.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
I can't believe you think The Devil Wears Prada and As I Lay Dying are best and AFI belongs in the worst. TDWP and AILD are as generic and crappy as metalcore bands go. At least AFI is still original although their older stuff is better.

It's all opinion, personally I'd agree with him and say TDWP and AILD are better than AFI...
Best:
Linkin Park (did well with their new album)

Worst:
(not sure, I'll get back to you on that)
Best: Between the buried and me - Colors.

No contest.

Worst: Protest the hero delaying Fortress too '08
Best:
Rush
Porcupine Tree
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Nightwish
Coheed and Cambria

Worst:
Marilyn Manson
Korn

Quote by Snowblind 911
Why does everyone bag on MCR?

Ray Toro is actually a decent guitar player. Yeah, so Gerard Way is pretty whiney, but compared to what's out there they aren't a bad band.

Don't bother trying to flame me, I know it's all down to opinion and everything but seriously... I really fail to see how they are so bad.

Their lead guitarist and drummer are the only musicians in the band. Their drummer is amazing and he's the underrated one.
Last edited by Saintsatan at Dec 7, 2007,
Machine ****ing head! Very, very talented band.

I voted A7X as worst...they were okay with their older stuff, but now they just sold out on their fans for a more mainstream, radio-friendly sound.
Last edited by Matt_Head16 at Dec 7, 2007,
Quote by iwrestle71
Best - Avenged Sevenfold
Worst - Fall out boy (not because they get air play, i like many pop artists, just because they suck and they are finally on their way out of the music scene ;-) oh happy day)

+infinity I 1000% agree with your picks
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Page 1 of 2