Hey guys, I was wondering what everybody else did to practice soloing. I, myself just put on a song and solo over that, and occasionally create a guitar pro loop to solo over. I don't have a loop effect for my guitar and I was wondering what everybody else did when they weren't playing with other people to practice soloing?
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Most of my solos are blues type, so usually I'll just start with a rhythm guitar part playing the progression a few times to get the timing and melody stuck in my head, then just solo over that. When I'm not lazy, I'll occasionally record into my computer on Audacity and use that.

I love to solo over Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, etc. stuff like that. I'm learning jazz right now, but at heart I'm a blues player and its been hard switching from blues to jazz. Jazz is so fun though because if you know the song you can solo over the entire thing, and its never the same.
Quote by Green_Sponge
Most of my solos are blues type, so usually I'll just start with a rhythm guitar part playing the progression a few times to get the timing and melody stuck in my head, then just solo over that. When I'm not lazy, I'll occasionally record into my computer on Audacity and use that.

I love to solo over Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, etc. stuff like that. I'm learning jazz right now, but at heart I'm a blues player and its been hard switching from blues to jazz. Jazz is so fun though because if you know the song you can solo over the entire thing, and its never the same.

Nice, I am really into blues right now too. I don't really know how to record my guitar into my computer, how do you connect your guitar to your computer?
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe